A Silver Mt. Zion Lyrics Follow
Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra is a Canadian band which formed in 1999, originating from Montreal, Quebec. They use a number of different variations of the name on different releases (including A Silver Mt. Zion, The Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra & Tra-La-La Band, The Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra and Tra-La-La Band with Choir and Thee Silver Mountain Reveries), but the group use the shorthand SMZ and their name is most often simplified to Silver Mt. Zion. Since their inception, the group has undergone almost yearly personnel changes. The band currently has five members following the resignation of three in late 2008.
The band has released seven studio albums and one EP, publishing them through the record label Constellation. Their debut album He Has Left Us Alone but Shafts of Light Sometimes Grace the Corner of Our Rooms… was released in 2000 and—with the exception of two tracks—is a purely instrumental record. As other records were created, their sound and membership progressively changed from a trio to a quintet. By the release of Horses in the Sky, the group became overwhelmingly vocal in its style.
The album Kollaps Tradixionales was released in February 2010. It consists of seven songs, three of which previously debuted at live performances. Another album Fuck Off Get Free We Pour Light on Everything was released January 2014.
Silver Mt. Zion's music has been described as "post-rock", though the band members are hesitant to use the term. Singer and guitarist Efrim Menuck identifies with punk rock ethos and aesthetic.
- Microphones in the Trees
- Pretty Little Lightning Paw
- There's a River in the Valley Made of Melting Snow
- Black Waters Blowed / Engine Broke Blues
- Ring Them Bells
- Hang on to Each Other
- Babylon Was Built on Fire / Starsnostars.
- Goodbye Desolate Railyard.
- American Motor Over Smoldered Field...
- Built then burnt
- This gentle hearts like shot bird's fallen.
- Tho you are gone I still often walk w/ you.
- The triumph of our tired eyes.
- Could've moved mountains...
- Take these hands and throw them in the river.
- What We Loved Was Not Enough, Part 2
- The State Itself Did Not Agree
- I Fed My Metal Bird the Wings of Other Metal Birds
- Collapse Traditional
- 'Piphany Rambler
- Kollaps Tradicional
- Kollapz Tradixional
- 13 Angels Standing Guard 'Round the Side of Your Bed
- I Built Myself a Metal Bird
- Little Ones Run
- Fuck Off Get Free
- Austerity Blues