Adagio Paradiso-Romantic Movie Themes for the Love Lyrics Follow
Tangerine Dream is a German electronic music band founded in 1967 by Edgar Froese. The group has seen many personnel changes over the years, with Froese being the only continuous member until his death in January 2015. The best known line-up of the group was its mid-70s trio of Froese, Christopher Franke, and Peter Baumann. In the late 1970s, Johannes Schmoelling replaced Baumann. Since Froese's death in 2015, the group has been under the leadership of Thorsten Quaeschning (Froese's chosen successor and the current longest-serving band member, having joined in 2005).
Tangerine Dream are considered a pioneering act in electronic music. Their work with the Ohr electronic music label produced albums that had a pivotal role in the development of the German musical scene known as Kosmische Musik. Their "Virgin Years", so-called because of their association with Virgin Records, produced albums that further explored synthesizers and sequencers, including the UK top 20 albums Phaedra (1974) and Rubycon (1975). The group also had a successful career composing film soundtracks, creating over 60 scores, which include those for the films Sorcerer, Thief, Risky Business, The Keep, Firestarter, Legend, Three O'Clock High, Near Dark, Shy People, and Miracle Mile.
From the late 1990s into the 2000s, Tangerine Dream continued to explore other styles of instrumental music and electronica. Their recorded output has been prolific, including over one hundred albums. Among other scoring projects, they helped create the soundtrack for the video game Grand Theft Auto V. Their mid-1970s work has been profoundly influential in the development of electronic music styles such as new age and electronic dance music.
Their most recent album Quantum Gate was released on September 29, 2017, coinciding with the 50-year anniversary of the founding of the band. The album is based on ideas and musical sketches by founder Edgar Froese and was completed by the remaining members of the band.
- La Rondine: Doretta's Dream - Rome Opera Orchestra
- As Time Goes By - National Philharmonic Orchestra
- Romeo & Juliet Love Theme - London Symphony Orchestra
- Flute Concerto No. 1 In G, K 313 - New Irish Chamber Orchestra
- Moon River - Boston Pops Orchestra
- Beauty & The Beast - The Galway Pops Orchestra
- Scarborough Fair/Canticle - Boston Pops Orchestra
- Gianni Schicchi: O Mio Babbino Caro - London Symphony Orchestra
- My Heart Will Go On - London Telefilmonic Orchestra
- Cinema Paradiso Theme - The Mancini Pops Orchestra
- Somewhere - The Philadelphia Orchestra
- La Boheme: Act I Love Duet - Boston Pops Orchestra
- Philadelphia - Dave Samuels
- Clarinet Concerto In A, K 622 - English Chamber Orchestra
- Unchained Melody - The Jame Galway Pops Orchestra
- La Boheme: Musetta's Waltz - Boston Pops Orchestra
- Rhapsody On A Theme Of Paganini: 18th Variation - Boston Pops Orchestra
- Concerto For Two Violins: Largo Ma Non Tanto - English Chamber Orchestra
- When I Fall In Love - Dave Samuels