Angelwing Lyrics Follow
The Angel of the North is a contemporary sculpture, designed by Antony Gormley, located in Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, England.
Completed in 1998, it is a steel sculpture of an angel, 20 metres (66 ft) tall, with wings measuring 54 metres (177 ft) across. The wings do not stand straight sideways, but are angled 3.5 degrees forward; Gormley did this to create "a sense of embrace". The angel like much of Gormley's other work is based on a cast of his body.
It stands on the hill of Birtley, at Low Eighton in Lamesley, overlooking the A1 and A167 roads into Tyneside, and the East Coast Main Line rail route, south of the site of Team Colliery.
- Tears of Joy Intermission
- The Nymphaeum Part I A Guitar Duet, Part II The Orchestral Theme
- The Nymphaeum Part IV Reprise
- The Nymphaeum Part V Piano Themes
- The Nymphaeum Part III An Acoustic Guitar Theme
- The Nymphaeum part IV
- Radical Seed
- Tears of Joy
- The Nymphaeum part I & II
- The Nymphaeum part III
- What a beautiful Sunset!
- The Calling
- The Nymphaeum part 5