Apollo Four Forty Lyrics Follow
Apollo 440 (alternately known as Apollo Four Forty or @440) are an English electronic rock band formed in Liverpool in 1990. Apollo 440 have written, recorded and produced five albums, collaborated with and produced other artists, remixed as Apollo 440 and as ambient cinematic alter-ego Stealth Sonic Orchestra, and created music for film, television, advertisements and multimedia. During their eleven years at Sony, 1993–2004, they notched up 11 Top 40 UK singles with three Top 10s and had a chart presence worldwide.
The name comes from the Greek god Apollo and the frequency of concert pitch — the A note at 440 Hz, often denoted as "A440", and the Sequential Circuits sampler/sequencer, the Studio 440. They changed the writing of their name from Apollo 440 to Apollo Four Forty in 1996, though they switched back for their latest album.
To date, Apollo's remixes number around 60 - from U2 in the early 1990s to Puff Daddy/Jimmy Page and Ennio Morricone a decade later. Apollo's mix of Puretone's "Addicted to Bass" was made a lead track and became a hit in 2002. Among their Stealth Sonic Orchestra remixes are a series of Manic Street Preachers singles.
- Heart Go Boom - Apollo 440, Colbourne, P.
- Cold Rock the Mic - Apollo 440, Colbourne, P.
- High on Your Own Supply - Apollo 440, Gardner
- Yo! Future - Apollo 440, Gray, H.
- Stadium Parking Lot - Apollo 440, Colbourne, P.
- Crazee Horse - Apollo 440, Colbourne, P.
- The Machine in the Ghost - Apollo 440, Calbourne, P.
- "Are We a Rock Band or What...?" - Apollo 440, Gray, H.
- The Perfect Crime - Apollo 440, Gray, Howard
- Lost in Space - Apollo 440, Williams, John [Fil
- Blackbeat - Apollo 440, Gray, H.
- For Forty Days - Apollo 440, Gray, H.
- Stop the Rock - Apollo 440, Gray, Howard
- Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Dub
- White Man's Throat
- Raw Power
- Tears of the Gods
- Altamont Super-Highway Revisited
- Stealth Mass in F#M
- Electro Glide in Blue
- Stealth Overture
- Vanishing Point
- Pain in Any Language
- Carrera Rapida