Beastie Boys Lyrics Follow
Beastie Boys were an American hip hop band from New York City, formed in 1979. For the majority of their career, the group consisted of Michael "Mike D" Diamond (vocals, drums), Adam "MCA" Yauch (vocals, bass) and Adam "Ad-Rock" Horovitz (vocals, guitar).
Originally formed as a four-piece hardcore punk band, the Young Aborigines, in 1979 by Diamond (vocals), John Berry (guitar), Yauch (bass) and Kate Schellenbach (drums), the band appeared on the compilation cassette New York Thrash, contributing two songs from their first EP, Polly Wog Stew, in 1982. Berry left shortly thereafter, and was replaced by Horovitz. After achieving moderate local success with the 1983 experimental hip hop 12-inch single "Cooky Puss", Schellenbach dropped out and the Beastie Boys made a full transition to hip hop, releasing a string of successful singles. They toured with Madonna in 1985 and a year later released their debut album Licensed to Ill. The Beastie Boys have sold 26 million records in the United States and 50 million records worldwide, making them, according to Billboard, the biggest-selling rap group since the magazine began recording sales data in 1991.
With seven platinum or better albums from 1986 to 2004, the Beastie Boys were one of the longest-lived hip hop acts worldwide. In 2009, they released digitally remastered deluxe editions of their albums Paul's Boutique, Check Your Head, Ill Communication and Hello Nasty. Their eighth studio album, Hot Sauce Committee Part Two, was released in 2011, and received positive reviews. They were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in April 2012, "just the third rap group to enter the Hall, after Run–D.M.C. (2009) and Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five (2007)." The following month, MCA died of cancer of the parotid salivary gland. In June 2014, Mike D confirmed that he and Ad-Rock would not continue the Beastie Boys, out of respect to MCA.
Make Some Noise Single
Ch-Check It Out Single
Right Right Now Now Single
Remixes EP EP
Body Movin’ Single
Root Down EP EP
Aglio e olio EP
Get It Together Single
Sure Shot Single
Pass the Mic Single
No Sleep Till Brooklyn Single
Girls / She’s Crafty Single
Rock Hard EP
She’s on It Single
Cooky Puss EP
Fight for Your Right Single
- B‐Boy Bouillabaisse
- 5‐Piece Chicken Dinner
- 3‐Minute Rule
- B-Boys in the Cut
- Pop Your Balloon
- Crazy A** S**T
- Cant Wont Dont Stop (Iced Coffee) New Version Inst
- Bonus Beats
- Piano Joint With Vocal Effects
- Dr. Lee, PhD
- Here's a Little Somethin' for Ya Vs. The Numbers Song
- Lee Majors Come Again Vs. Da Funk
- Q19: What Affected Your Transition From Punk to Hip Hop?
- Q15: How Did You Lerarn About the Situation in Tibet and Become Involved Into Trying to Help Them Gain Their Freedom?
- Q16: How Did Moving Back to New York and Recording This Album There Affect It as Opposed to Having Stayed in Los Angeles?
- Q20: Where Do You See Yourselves Going Musically in the Future? Any Particular Interests You Want to Pursue?
- Q17: Describe Your Early Influences.
- Q18: Describe the Beastie Boys of 1998 in Comparison to Your Beginnings and How You've Changed. Where Did You Meet and How Did You Begin the Band?
- Q14: How Do You Feel About the Success of the Tibetan Freedom Concerts?
- Q9: Who Leads the Recording And/Or Songwriting Process? How Do Your Songs Take Shapes?
- Q10: How Do You Define the Beastie Boys' Sound?
- Q11: How Do You Decide What Samples to Use?
- Q12: How Do You Decide Where and How to Use Samples or Where You Want to Play Live?
- Q13: What Kind of Music Have You Been Listening to Lately and How Does That Influence Your Recordings?
- Q5: How Does Mix Master Mike Fit In? What's It Like Working With a New DJ?
- Q6: How Did You Get All the Distorted Vocals on the Record and Can You Talk About the Recording of the Slower Songs on the Albums and With Band Members Sings Which Song?
- Q7: What Is Your Songwriting Process?
- Q8: Please, Talk About Working With Mario Caldato. At What Point Does He Enter the Songwriting and Recording Process? What Are His Contributions?
- Q4: Can Uou Talk About All the Guest Appearances on the New Record? How Did You Decide to Work With These Other Artists?