Bedroom Walls Lyrics Follow
Bedroom Walls was a melancholic indie-pop band active from 2001–2007 in Los Angeles, CA. It was formed in 2001 by Adam Samuel Goldman (later of Fol Chen) on guitar/vocals, with keyboardist/vocalist Melissa Thorne and drummer Julian Gross (now of Liars). The band released two full-length albums of self-described "Romanticore" music, a genre founded on "staring at the ceiling; sedatives; stale cake for breakfast; sighing too loudly; knowing your ex-girlfriend is happier now." “Some people don’t see any humor in it, but it’s supposed to be a little funny,” Goldman explained in a 2004 interview. "Sad music fails when there isn’t a little bit of absurdity to it or black comedy to it."
After the release of their debut album, I Saw You Coming Back To Me (2003), the lineup expanded to include Vanessa Kaufman (replacing Gross on drums), Sean Hoffman (guitar/glockenspiel), Kris Canning (bass), and Aurisha Smolarski (violin). They performed live on KCRW's Morning Becomes Eclectic in December 2003, citing influences like Aztec Camera and The Darutti Column, and opened for bands including American Music Club and Arthur Lee & Love.
The second LP, All Good Dreamers Pass This Way (2006), was described by one critic as "a parchment origami of wide-ranging pop influences, all bright melodies, overcast arrangements and grown-up feelings." It featured the songs "In Anticipation of Your Suicide," (which appeared in the 2006 film All The Boys Love Mandy Lane), "Kathy in Her Bedroom," and "Do the Buildings and Cops Make You Smile?"
- I've Been Thinking a Lot About Dots on the Walls
- A Succession of White Days
- Making Atoms Jump Like Trick Dogs
- A Succesion Of White Days
- Do The Cops And Buildings Make You Smile
- Stormy Weather
- Winter, That's All
- More "Real Cats"
- Hello, Mrs. Jones
- The Dog's Life
- Kathy in Her Bedroom
- �Making Atoms Jump Like Trick Dogs
- Six Weeks in the Imperial Gardens
- If the Storm Breaks and You're at Home
- Then the Narrator Smiles
- Landlord! Watch! Coffin! Angels!
- Do the Buildings and Cops Make You Smile?
- Somewhere in Newhall
- In Anticipation of Your Suicide
- There's Nothing to See in the Morning Light
- I've Been Thinking a Lot About Dots on the Wall
- Who's Been Driving Round for Days
- He to Whom Mercy Has Been Granted
- Succession of White Days