Boston Pops Orchestra Lyrics Follow
The Boston Pops Orchestra is an American orchestra based in Boston, Massachusetts that specializes in playing light classical and popular music.
The Boston Pops was founded in 1885 as a second, popular identity of the Boston Symphony Orchestra (BSO), founded four years earlier. Consisting primarily of musicians from the BSO, although generally not all of the first-chair players, the orchestra performs a Spring season of popular music and a holiday program in December, the BSO schedule on break at those times. For the Pops, the seating on the floor of Symphony Hall is reconfigured from auditorium seating to banquet/cafe seating. In addition the Pops also plays an annual concert at the Hatch Shell on the Esplanade every Fourth of July. Their performance of Stars and Stripes Forever is famous for the dropping of the American Flag that occurs as the song enters its final moments. Identified with its long-time director Arthur Fiedler, in the past the orchestra has recorded extensively, made frequent tours, and appeared regularly on television. The Pops Spring and Holiday seasons allowed the BSO to become one of the first American orchestras to provide year-round employment for its musicians.
The current Music Director of the Boston Pops Orchestra is Keith Lockhart.
Sleigh Ride / Serenata Single
- The Typewriter
- Moonglow and the Theme From Picnic
- The Belle of the Ball
- Tales From the Vienna Woods
- Around the World
- Theme From Peter Gunn
- Hernando's Hideaway
- A Christmas Festival Medley: Joy to the World / Deck the Halls / Good King Wenceslas / God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen / Hark! The Herald Angels Sing / The First Noel / Silent Night / Jingle Bells / O Come All Ye Faithful
- Joy to the World – A Fanfare for Christmas Day
- The Godfather
- Where Do I Begin
- Tara Theme
- Romeo And Juliet
- The Way We Were / The Shadow of Your Smile
- The Summer Knows
- 3 Preludes
- Rhapsody No. 2 for Piano and Orchestra
- Divertimento for Orchestra
- Overture "Candide"
- Of Thee I Sing: 'Wintergreen for President'
- Suite from Girl Crazy
- Oh Kay!: Overture
- Of Thee I Sing: Overture
- Let 'em Eat Cake: Overture
- Funny Face: Overture
- Nutcracker Suite, Op. 71a: Arabian Dance
- Nutcracker Suite, Op. 71a: Miniature Overture
- Carnival of the Animals: Finale
- Nutcracker Suite, Op. 71a: Chinese Dance