Brubeck Brothers Quartet Lyrics Follow
Brubeck Time is a jazz album by The Dave Brubeck Quartet, a rare studio recording from that period of the band, when it was recording mostly live albums. It was recorded in the fall of 1954, and originally released in 1955 under the Columbia label as CL 622. In 1968, Columbia re-channeled the album for stereo and re-released it as Instant Brubeck under the Harmony label as HS 11253. It was later re-released again on CD in 1991 under the title Interchanges '54 as CK 47032, with the addition of four tracks from Jazz: Red Hot and Cool.
The album features one of the earlier Quartet lineups, with Bob Bates on bass and Joe Dodge on drums. Although now not as famous as some of the band's other albums, in retrospect it has a lot of depth, and those interested in jazz will find it "certainly worth acquiring".
According to a 1955 letter written by Avakian to Brubeck, the cover was "designed around the Boris Artzybasheff painting which was on Time magazine's cover of November 8th ".
- Vignettes for Nonet, MVT. II: Dunes at Dawn/Dromadaire Extraordinaire - Brubeck Brothers, Brubeck, Chris
- 7th Sense - Brubeck Brothers, Brubeck, Dan
- Friends Beyond Time - Brubeck Brothers, Brubeck, Chris
- Vignettes for Nonet, MVT. III: Tales of the Bazaar - Brubeck Brothers, Brubeck, Chris
- Blue Rondo a La Turk - Brubeck Brothers, Brubeck, Dave
- Good Question - Brubeck Brothers, DeMicco, Mike
- Cool on the Coast - Brubeck Brothers, Lamb, Chuck
- Heyoke - Brubeck Brothers, Lamb, Chuck
- Dance of the Shadows - Brubeck Brothers, Brubeck, Chris
- Vignettes for Nonet, MVT. I: Curious Expedition - Brubeck Brothers, Brubeck, Chris
- Eclipse - Brubeck Brothers, DeMicco, Mike