Califone Lyrics Follow
Califone is an experimental rock band from Chicago. The band is named after Califone International, an audio equipment manufacturer. Their work has been critically acclaimed.
Califone has released an album and feature film, both of which are titled All My Friends Are Funeral Singers. The album was released October 6, 2009 on Dead Oceans. The feature film was made available in 2010, and the band's current tour features a live soundtrack to the film.
All My Friends Are Funeral Singers is the follow-up album to 2006's Roots & Crowns, which The New York Times called "enthralling."
In 2011, a feature-length tour documentary about Califone, called "Made a Machine by Describing the Landscape", was released by IndiePix. The film was directed by Solan Jensen and Joshua Marie Wilkinson, and presents an intimate portrait of the band on tour in Europe and the US after the release of "Heron King Blues".
Califone released their latest album Stitches in September 2013 on Dead Oceans.
Homesleep Singles Club #7 Single
The Sea and Cake / Califone Single
- Kids Look Like Cats
- Silver and Gold
- On the Steeple w/the Shakes
- Down Eisenhower Sun Up w/Mule
- turtle eggs/an optimist
- A Thin Skin of Bullfight Dust
- Bells Break Arms
- We Are a Payphone
- Movie Music Kills a Kiss
- Frosted Tips
- Salome: Whatsoever Thou Shalt Ask of Me,
- Salome: I Have Kissed Thy Mouth
- Salome: Skull Ring in the Fist of the
- Salome: I Love to See a Fruit in the Mark
- Salome: I Will Not Look at Things, I Will
- Salome: I Ask the Head of Jokaanan in a
- Salome: She Dances
- Fireworks (No Mail Days Are Sad Days) III
- Salome: ..Suffer Me to Touch Thy Body
- Salome: The Moon Is Chaste. She Is Like a
- Salome: Effeminate Soldiers at the Cage of
- Salome: In the Palace of Herod
- Salome: The Young Syrian Slays Himself