Chicago a cappella Lyrics Follow
Chicago a cappella is a creative enterprise devoted to furthering the art of singing together without instruments.
An ensemble of professional singers founded in 1993 by Jonathan Miller, Chicago a cappella presents an annual Chicago-area subscription series, creates studio recordings as well as live and broadcast-media musical content, and gives performances on tour and in special engagements. Long recognized for vocal virtuosity and innovative programming, the ensemble enjoys a reputation as a leader in the choral field.
With more than 325 concerts to its credit, Chicago a cappella has produced more than 200 performances on its Chicago-based series. On tour, the group has appeared in 11 American states and in Mexico. The ensemble has been heard frequently on WFMT radio and through broadcasts distributed by American Public Media, including the highly regarded Performance Today. The ensemble has produced eight CD recordings of music ranging from Renaissance masses to contemporary works.
From its inception, Chicago a cappella has been a champion of living composers. Since 1993 the group has presented more than 100 works in their world, national, or local premiere. Chicago a cappella has commissioned new music from composers such as Joseph Jennings, Chen Yi, Stacy Garrop, Rollo Dilworth, Tania León, and Ezequiel Viñao.
- The Angels and the Shepherds
- Go Tell It on the Mountain
- The Nearness of You
- Fragments from his Dish: Grace
- Constant Craving
- The Fall
- Contre qui, rose
- Fragments from his Dish: The Pie
- Prayers of Steel
- Fragments from his Dish: Christmas Day, 1666
- Fragments from his Dish: Whines from the Wood
- Danse, ikke gråte nå
- The West Lake
- El Hambo
- Fragments from his Dish: Grace / The Clean Platter
- Waltz for Debby
- Fragments from his Dish: Harvest in my Croft
- Sancta Maria, ora pro nobis
- O Magnum Mysterium
- Boh sja razdaje
- Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
- Coventry Carol
- Ikh bin a kleyner dreydl
- Oh Chanukah
- Children Go Where I Send Thee
- Wexford Lullaby