Cantata 208: Sheep May Safely Graze
Here are the lyrics for the first verse in English:
Sheep may safely graze
Whilst the shepherd is watching.
Where the wise and good rule
Peace will also reign there
And there will be peace throughout the world.
Someone who knows German might be able to find it better on Google.
I found this on another site.
Correct these lyrics
Thanks to Holly H Perry for submitting the lyrics.
Popular Christopher Parkening Songs
- Samson: Minuet in D
- Jesus, We Want To Meet
- Cantata 208: Sheep May Safely Graze 3
- Cantata No. 29: Praludium
- Quartet, Op. 79 No. 3: Variations On 'Glorious Things Of Thee Are Spoken'
- Parkening Plays Bach And Music Of Handel, Scarlatti, Couperin And Others: Giga
- Hanel & Gretel: Evening Prayer
- Prelude, Fugue And Allegro In E Flat Major For Clavier, Original For Lute): Prelude and Allegro
- Our Great Savior
- Solemn Vespers, K. 339: Praise Ye The Lord
- » see all by ‘Christopher Parkening’
Cantata 208: Sheep May Safely Graze Video
3 Reviews/Comments for Christopher Parkening Cantata 208: Sheep May Safely Graze Skip to latest
If Bach's lyrics for Sheep May Safely Graze are not copyrighted, where may I get a copy?
Do the lyrics come from some place in the Bible? I looked in my Bible concordance, but couldn't find it. Just curious - such beautiful and meaningful words. I would sure like to look it up.
Bach wrote the lyrics himself. They refer not to God (though the parallel is obvious), but to a Duke, who this piece of music was written for. You can find a nice karaoke version at Spiritrax.com.
These comments are owned by whoever posted them. This lyrics site is not responsible for them in any way.
Write a comment to Cantata 208: Sheep May Safely Graze
© most likely owned by either the publisher (EMI Classics) or
the artist(s) (Christopher Parkening) which produced the music or artwork. Details
Search for lyrics or ringtones: