Citizens of the Empire Lyrics Follow
The Most Excellent Order of the British Empire is a British order of chivalry, rewarding contributions to the arts and sciences, work with charitable and welfare organisations, and public service outside the Civil service. It was established on 4 June 1917 by King George V, and comprises five classes across both civil and military divisions, the most senior two of which make the recipient either a knight if male or dame if female. There is also the related British Empire Medal, whose recipients are affiliated with, but not members of, the order.
Recommendations for appointments to the Order of the British Empire were originally made on the nomination of the United Kingdom, the self-governing Dominions of the Empire (later Commonwealth) and the Viceroy of India. Nominations continue today from Commonwealth countries that participate in recommending British (Imperial) honours. Most Commonwealth countries, such as India, Pakistan, Nigeria and Canada ceased recommendations for appointments to the Order of the British Empire when they created their own honours.
- Apathy and Resignation Are the Sources of Our Misfortune
- Through Obedience We Develop the Reflex of Submission
- Everything We Possess Will in Turn Possess Us
- We Pay for Our Lives With Our Deaths
- Insurrection Is Our Only Weapon Against the Machine of Alienation
- Our Struggle Is to Never Forget
- Power Is Not to Be Conquered, It Is to Be Destroyed