Stephen Paulus: The Road Home lyrics
The Road Home
Tell me, where is the road
I can call my own,
That I left, that I lost
So long ago?
All these years I have wandered,
Oh when will I know
There’s a way, there’s a road
That will lead me home?
After wind, after rain,
When the dark is done,
As I wake from a dream
In the gold of day,
Through the air there’s a calling
From far away,
There’s a voice I can hear
That will lead me home.
Rise up, follow me,
Come away, is the call,
With the love in your heart
As the only song;
There is no such beauty
As where you belong;
Rise up, follow me,
I will lead you home.
Part of these releases
Popular Craig Hella Johnson Songs
- Symphony no. 4 "From Mission San Juan": III. Interlude
- Symphony no. 4 "From Mission San Juan": IV. Healing Song
- Symphony no. 4 "From Mission San Juan": I. Prelude: Mission San Juan Bautista, ca. 1800
- To Touch the Sky: XI. Most noble evergreen
- To Touch the Sky: V. At Castle Wood
- Symphony no. 4 "From Mission San Juan": II. Arriquetpon
- To Touch the Sky: VI. Epitaph
- To Touch the Sky: VII. Who has seen the wind?
- To Touch the Sky: VIII. With my two arms
- To Touch the Sky: IV. Falling Snow
- see all by Craig Hella Johnson
Stephen Paulus: The Road Home Video
Michael Dennis Browne
for submitting the lyrics.
Correct these lyrics
Comments on Stephen Paulus: The Road Home
Top 5 comments
I believe these lyrics were written by Michael Dennis Browne.
The Dale Warland Singers also do a fabulous rendition of this piece on their Harvest Home album.
Beautiful song and beautiful lyrics. My daughter's High School Chorus performed this song at their High School Graduation . . . it was absolutely beautiful and moving. It's become one of my favorite songs.
Answer to Susan's question, from a few months ago. There is a wonderful version of this piece on Conspirare's "Requiem: We are so lightly here" CD. Craig Hella Johnson is their Director. See http://www.conspirare.org for more details. See also http://www.stephenpaulus.com for more details on the piece itself.
Hi - I am looking for the music for this peice -- can you help? THANKS - SUSAN
Submit your thoughts
These comments are owned by whoever posted them. This lyrics site is not responsible for them in any way.
© to the lyrics most likely owned by either the publisher () or
the artist(s) (Craig Hella Johnson) which produced the music or artwork. Details