Dana P. Rowe & John Dempsey Lyrics Follow
Dana P. Rowe is an American musical theater composer whose works have been performed internationally with productions in London’s West End (Theatre Royal Drury Lane, Prince of Wales, The Donmar Warehouse), Russia, Czech Republic, Japan (including Tokyo’s Imperial Garden Theatre), Germany, Australia, New York City, São Paulo, Brazil and Slovenia.
Much of his work has been written with lyricist John Dempsey. With Dempsey, he wrote the music for Zombie Prom (1995), The Fix (directed by Sam Mendes, 1997), and the stage adaptation of John Updike's The Witches of Eastwick (2000). Rowe and Dempsey were nominated for the Olivier Award for The Fix and The Witches of Eastwick, both of which were produced in London by Cameron Mackintosh.
Rowe also composed the score for The Ballad of Bonnie and Clyde, a musical based on the famous bank-robbing couple, with book and lyrics by Michael Aman and Oscar E. Moore. The Ballad of Bonnie and Clyde was a featured production at the 2005 New York Musical Theatre Festival.
In 2011, he collaborated with Maribeth Graham on See Jane Run!, which had its premiere at the Actors' Playhouse in Miami.
From March to April 2012, Rowe and Dempsey's new musical, Brother Russia, premiered at the Signature Theatre. The show is described as, "In a desolate potato field north of Omsk, a comically fourth-rate Russian theatre troupe sets up its tents and wows the local farmers with rock-fueled adaptations of Tolstoy and Dostoevsky. Tonight, however, the company will toss classic literature aside to showcase the life story of their impresario and star, the seemingly immortal Brother Russia – more commonly known as Grigori Yefimovich Rasputin. Yes, that Rasputin: the hypnotic mystic who seduced and ruled the Tsar and Tsarina in the waning days of Imperial Russia."
- Act One: Scene Three: Trio - Richard Muenz, Karen Murphy, Richard Roland
- Act Two: Scene Five: The Lids Have Been Blown - Richard Muenz, Karen Murphy
- Act One: Scene One: Rules, Regulations and Respect - Karen Murphy
- Act Two: Scene Two: Come Join Us - Ramona Merengue, Richard Muenz, Richard Roland
- Act One: Scene Three: Where Do We Go from Here - Richard Roland, Jessica-Snow Wilson
- Act Two: Scene Five: Zombie Prom - Company
- Act One: Scene One: The C Word - Richard Roland, Jessica-Snow Wilson
- Zombie Prom
- Act Two: Scene Two: How Can I Say Good-Bye - Richard Roland
- Act One: Scene Two: Thats the Beat for Me - Richard Muenz
- Act Two: Scene Four: Expos� - Richard Muenz
- Act One: Scene Three: It's Alive - Karen Murphy, Richard Roland
- Act Two: Scene Five: Forbidden Love - Jessica-Snow Wilson
- Act One: Scene One: Blast from the Past - Richard Roland
- Act Two: Scene One: Then Came Jonny - Karen Murphy, Richard Roland, Jessica-Snow Wilson
- Act One: Scene Three: The Voice in the Ocean - Richard Roland, Jessica-Snow Wilson
- Act Two: Scene Five: Is'nt It? - Kids
- Act Two: Scene Three: Easy to Say - Jessica-Snow Wilson
- Act One: Prologue: Ain't Goin' Back - Richard Roland, Jessica-Snow Wilson
- Act One: Prologue: Enrico Fermi High - Ste Bienskie, Marc Lovci, Rebecca Rich, Richard Roland, Jeff Skowron, Natalie Toro, Cathy Trien, Jessica-Snow Wilson
- Act One: Prologue: Jonny Don't Go - Jessica-Snow Wilson
- Act One: Scene One: Good as It Gets - Jessica-Snow Wilson
- Dirty Laundry
- Words, Words, Words
- I Wish I May
- Eastwick Knows
- Look At Me
- The Wedding