Dave Brubeck Lyrics Follow
David Warren Brubeck (; December 6, 1920 – December 5, 2012) was an American jazz pianist and composer, considered to be one of the foremost exponents of cool jazz. He wrote a number of jazz standards, including "In Your Own Sweet Way" and "The Duke". Brubeck's style ranged from refined to bombastic, reflecting his mother's attempts at classical training and his improvisational skills. His music is known for employing unusual time signatures, and superimposing contrasting rhythms, meters, and tonalities.
His long-time musical partner, alto saxophonist Paul Desmond, wrote the saxophone melody for the Dave Brubeck Quartet's, "Take Five", which is in 54 time and has endured as a jazz classic on one of the top-selling jazz albums, Time Out. Brubeck experimented with time signatures throughout his career, recording "Pick Up Sticks" in 64, "Unsquare Dance" in 74, "World's Fair" in 134, and "Blue Rondo à la Turk" in 98. He was also a composer of orchestral and sacred music and wrote soundtracks for television, such as Mr. Broadway and the animated miniseries This Is America, Charlie Brown.
- String Quartet, op. 11: III. Molto allegro (come prima) - Poco più mosso - Più tranquillo - Presto
- String Quartet, op. 11: II. Molto adagio - [ ] - Tempo I -
- Two Pieces: I. Lento molto. Tranquillo legato - [ ] - Tempo I
- Two Pieces: II. Rondino. Allegro moderato - Poco meno mosso - Moderato -
- String Quartet, op. 11: I. Molto allegro e appassionato - Più mosso - Più largo - Tempo I
- String Quartet, op. 96 "The American": III. Molto vivace - Poco meno mosso - Da Capo al Fine
- String Quartet, op. 96 "The American": IV Finale. Vivace ma non troppo - Meno mosso - Più mosso. Tempo I - Meno mosso
- String Quartet, op. 96 "The American": I. Allegro ma non troppo
- String Quartet, op. 96 "The American": II. Lento
- A Fine Romance
- Ain't Misbehavin'
- The Golden Horn
- Brother, Can You Spare a Dime?
- Schizophrenic Scherzo
- The Song Is You
- Bru's Boogie Woogie
- Charles Matthew Hallejuah
- Wonderful Copenhagen
- Serenade Suite
- Maori Blues
- Starnge Meadow Lark
- Balcony Rock
- Some Day My Prince Will Come
- Bossa Nova USA
- Blue Dove
- Calcutta Blues