Doris Marion Lyrics Follow
Doris Duke (November 22, 1912 – October 28, 1993) was an American heiress, socialite, horticulturalist, art collector, and philanthropist.
The daughter of a wealthy tobacco tycoon, Duke was able to fund a life of global travel and wide-ranging interests. These extended across journalism, competition surfing, jazz piano, wildlife conservation, Oriental art and Hare Krishna.
Much of her work centered on her father's estate at Hillsborough Township, New Jersey, where she created many elaborately-themed gardens, furnished with artifacts acquired on her world travels, including one of America's largest indoor botanical displays. She was also active in preserving more than 80 historic buildings in Newport, Rhode Island.
Twice divorced, Duke enjoyed a colorful private life that was seldom out of the gossip columns.
Her philanthropic work in AIDS research, medicine, and child welfare continued into her old age, some of it unknown to the public during her lifetime, and her estimated $1.3 billion fortune was largely left to charity. After much legal challenging of the executors and trustees, Duke's legacy is now administered by the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation, dedicated to medical research, prevention of cruelty to children and animals, the performing arts, wildlife and ecology.
- Droste: Magic Town
- Bellini: Almen se non poss'io
- Mozart: Abendempfindung
- Faure: La fie aux chansons
- Debussy: Chevaux des bois
- Von Flotow: La Romance de la Rose
- Griffes: La fuite de la lune
- Droste: So is my love for you
- Bellini: Malinconia
- Mozart: Als Luise die Briefe ihre ungetreuen Liebhabers verbrannte
- Faure: Les Berceaux
- Debussy: Il pleure dans mon coeur
- Griffes: Symphony in Yellow
- Faure: Adieu
- Bellini: Per piet`, bell'idol mio
- Mozart: Dans une bois solitaire
- Faure: Les Roses d'Ispahan
- Debussy: Nuit d'itoile
- Griffes: We'll to the Woods
- Faure: Automne
- De Curtis: Non ti scordar di me
- Mozart: Oiseaux, si tous les ans
- Griffes: An den Wind
- Dichiara: La Spagnola
- Griffes: Wohl lag' ich einst in Gram
- Faure: Claire de lune
- Debussy: C'est l'extase langoureuse
- Puccini: O mio babbino caro
- Griffes: Der trdumende See