Duane Allman Lyrics Follow
Howard Duane Allman (November 20, 1946 – October 29, 1971) was an American guitarist, session musician, and co-founder and leader of the Allman Brothers Band until his death following a motorcycle crash in 1971, at the age of 24.
The Allman Brothers Band was formed in Jacksonville, Florida, in 1969. The band had great success in the early 1970s. Allman is best remembered for his brief but influential tenure in the band and in particular for his expressive slide guitar playing and inventive improvisational skills. In 2003, he was ranked number 2 in Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 100 greatest guitarists of all time, second only to Jimi Hendrix. In 2011, he was ranked number 9. His guitar tone (achieved with a Gibson Les Paul and two 50-watt bass Marshall amplifiers) was named one of the greatest of all time by Guitar Player.
A sought-after session musician both before and during his tenure with the band, Duane Allman performed with such established stars as King Curtis, Aretha Franklin, Wilson Pickett, and Herbie Mann. He also contributed greatly to the 1970 album Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs, by Derek and the Dominos.
Duane Allman's skills as a guitarist were complemented by personal qualities such as his intensity, drive and ability to draw the best out of others in making music. He is still referred to by his nickname "Skydog".
- Dirty Old Man - Lulu
- Goin' Upstairs - Sam Samudio
- Born To Be Wild - Wilson Pickett
- Leave My Blues At Home - The Allman Brothers Band
- Push Push - Herbie Mann
- It Ain't Fair - Aretha Franklin
- Come On In My Kitchen - Delaney & Bonnie
- No Money Down - Duane Allman
- Midnight Rider - The Allman Brothers Band
- Walk On Gilded Splinters - Johnny Jenkins
- The Weight - King Curtis
- Dimples - The Allman Brothers Band
- Been Gone Too Long - The Hourglass
- Waiting For A Train - Boz Scaggs
- You Reap What You Sow - Otis Rush
- Goin' Up The Country - The Duck And The Bear
- Stuff You Gotta Watch - Arthur Conley
- Don't Tell Me Your Troubles - Ronnie Hawkins
- Matchbox - Ronnie Hawkins
- Done Somebody Wrong - The Allman Brothers Band
- Happily Married Man - Duane Allman