Earth Wind & Fire Lyrics Follow
Earth, Wind & Fire (EWF) is an American band that has spanned the musical genres of R&B, soul, funk, jazz, disco, pop, rock, Latin, and African. They have been described as one of the most innovative and commercially successful bands of all time. Rolling Stone called them "innovative, precise yet sensual, calculated yet galvanizing" and declared that the band "changed the sound of black pop".
The band was founded in Chicago by Maurice White in 1970, having grown out of a previous band known as the Salty Peppers. Other members have included Philip Bailey, Verdine White, Fred White, Ralph Johnson, Larry Dunn, Al McKay and Andrew Woolfolk. The band has received 20 Grammy nominations; they won six as a group and two of its members, Maurice White and Bailey, won separate individual awards. Earth, Wind & Fire has 12 American Music Awards nominations and four awards. They have been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Vocal Group Hall of Fame, received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and have sold over 90 million records, making them one of the world's best-selling bands of all time.
Five members of Earth, Wind & Fire were also inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame: Maurice White, Philip Bailey, Verdine White, Larry Dunn, and Al McKay. The band received Lifetime Achievement awards from the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (Rhythm & Soul Heritage Award – 2002), NAACP (Hall of Fame – 1994), and the BET Awards (Lifetime Achievement Award – 2002).
Earth, Wind & Fire is known for its horn section, energetic and elaborate stage shows, and the contrast between Philip Bailey's falsetto vocals and Maurice White's baritone. Of the band's songs two have been inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame being "That's the Way of the World" in 2004 and "Shining Star" in 2007. As well Earth, Wind & Fire also went on to be bestowed with a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award.
Earth, Wind & Fire is the first African-American act to sell out Madison Square Garden and to receive the MSG Gold Ticket Award. As well the band went on to be bestowed with the 2012 Congressional Horizon Award.
- Step's Tune
- Spasmodic Movements
- Rabbit Seed
- Fair But So Uncool
- Feelin' Blue
- Ain't No Harm to Moan
- Tee Nine Chee Bit
- System Of Survival
- On Your Face
- Mighty Mighty - Earth, Wind & Fire, White, Maurice
- That's the Way of the World - Earth, Wind & Fire, Stepney, Charles
- After the Love Has Gone - Earth, Wind & Fire, Champlin, Bill
- Gratitude - Earth, Wind & Fire, Bailey, Philip
- Reasons - Earth, Wind & Fire, Bailey, Philip
- September - Earth, Wind & Fire, McKay, Al
- Getaway - Earth, Wind & Fire, Cor, Peter
- Serpentine Fire - Earth, Wind & Fire, Burke, Reginald
- Saturday Nite - Earth, Wind & Fire, Bailey, Philip
- Can't Hide Love - Earth, Wind & Fire, Scarborough, Skip
- Fantasy - Earth, Wind & Fire, Barrio, Eddie Del
- Let's Groove - Earth, Wind & Fire, Vaughn, Wayne
- Got to Get You into My Life - Earth, Wind & Fire, Lennon, John
- Kalimba Story - Earth, Wind & Fire, White, Maurice
- Shining Star - Earth, Wind & Fire, Bailey, Philip
- Boogie Wonderland - Earth, Wind & Fire, Lind, Jon
- Sing a Song - Earth, Wind & Fire, McKay, Al