Eileen Farrell Lyrics Follow
Eileen Farrell (February 13, 1920 – March 23, 2002) was an American soprano who had a nearly 60-year-long career performing both classical and popular music in concerts, theatres, on radio and television, and on disc. While she was active as an opera singer, her concert engagements far outnumbered her theatrical appearances. Her career was mainly based in the United States, although she did perform internationally. The Daily Telegraph stated that she "was one of the finest American sopranos of the 20th century; she had a voice of magnificent proportions which she used with both acumen and artistry in a wide variety of roles." And described as having a voice "like some unparalleled phenomenon of nature. She is to singers what Niagara is to waterfalls."
Farrell began her career in 1940 as a member of the CBS Chorus on CBS Radio. In 1941 CBS Radio offered Farrell her own program, Eileen Farrell Sings, on which she performed both classical and popular music for 5 years. In 1947 she launched her career as a concert soprano and nine years later began performing on the opera stage. The pinnacle of her opera career was five seasons performing at the Metropolitan Opera from 1960–1966. She continued to perform and record both classical and popular music throughout her career, and is credited for releasing the first successful crossover album: "I've Got a Right to Sing the Blues" (1960). After announcing her retirement from performance in 1986, she still continued to perform and record music periodically up into the late 1990s. She was also active as a voice teacher, both privately and for nine years at Indiana University.
- Atto III. "Giunge il Conte"
- Atto III. "Oh colpo!... E' già vicino del tuo morrir l'istante" / "D'un cor che muore reca il perdono"
- Atto III. "Ah! se un giorno da queste ritorte"
- Atto III. "Quando di luce rosea" / "Lascia contento al carcere"
- Atto III. "Anna! ... Qui più sommessi favellate...Io vi rivedo alfin"
- Atto III. "Che vuoi?"
- Atto III. "Deh! Tu di un umile preghiera il suono"
- Atto III. "Vedeste?... Vedemmo. O truce apparato!"
- Atto III. "Oh, mio buon Talbot!" / "Delle miei colpe lo squallido"
- Atto III. "Quella vita a me funesta"
- Atto III. "La perfida insultarmi anchi volea"
- Atto III. "Regina!...A lei s'affretta il supplizio" / "Deh! per pietà sospendi"
- Atto III. "D'una sorella, o barbara" / "Vanne indegno; t'appare sul volto"
- Atto III. "E pensi? e tardi?"
- Atto II. "Ah! non m'inganna la gioia!"
- Atto II. "O nube che lievre per l'aria" / "Nella pace del mestro riposa"
- Atto II. "Qual loco è questo?"
- Atto II. "Da tutti abbandonata" / "Ah! Se il mio cor tremò giammai"
- Atto II. "Va, preparati, furente"
- Atto II. "Deh! l'accogli!..Morta al mondo, e morta al trono"
- Atto II. "E' sempre la stessa"
- Atto I. "Ah! quando all'ara scorgemi" / "In tal giono di contento" / "Ah! dal cielo discenda un raggio"
- Atto I. "Questa immago, questo foglio"
- Atto II. "Allenta il piè, Regina"
- Atto I. "Fra voi perchè non veggo Leicester?"
- Atto I. "Hai nelle giostre, o Talbot, chiesto di me?"
- Atto I. "Sei tu confuso?"
- Atto I. "Si, vuol di Francia il Rege"
- Atto I. "Quali sensi! - Ella è commessa" / "Si! Era d'amor l'immagine" / "Sul crin la rivale a man mi stendea"
- Atto I. "Qui si attenda"