English Beat Lyrics Follow
The Beat (known in the United States and Canada as The English Beat and in Australia as The British Beat) is a band founded in Birmingham, England, in 1978. Its music fuses Latin, ska, pop, soul, reggae and punk rock.
The Beat, consisting of Dave Wakeling (vocals, guitar), Ranking Roger (vocals), Andy Cox (guitar), David Steele (bass), Everett Morton (drums), and Saxa a.k.a. Lionel Augustus Martin (saxophone), released three studio albums in the early 1980s: I Just Can't Stop It (1980), Wha'ppen? (1981) and Special Beat Service (1982), and a string of singles, including "Mirror in the Bathroom", "Save It for Later", "Too Nice to Talk To", "Can't Get Used to Losing You", "Hands Off, She's Mine", and "All Out to Get You".
- Best Friend
- Jackpot - The English Beat, Agard, Dawn
- Can't Get Used to Losing You - The English Beat, Pomus, Doc
- Noise in This World
- Twist and Crawl - The English Beat, Cox, Andy
- Two Swords
- Big Shot
- Mirror in the Bathroom - The English Beat, Charlery, Roger
- Whine and Grine/Stand Down Margaret
- Click Click
- Rough Rider - The English Beat, Gordon, D
- Hands Off She's Mine