George Gershwin & Carlisle Floyd Lyrics Follow
This is a list of composers of 20th-century classical music, sortable by name, year of birth, year of death, nationality, notable works, and remarks. It includes only composers of significant fame and importance. The style of the composer's music is given where possible, bearing in mind that some defy simple classification. Names are listed first by year of birth, then in alphabetical order within each year.
- Susannah, music drama in 2 acts: Ain't it a pretty night!
- Porgy and Bess, opera: My man's gone now
- Vanessa, opera, Op. 32: He has come, he has come!... Do not utter a word, Anatol
- Susannah, music drama in 2 acts: The trees on the mountain
- A Streetcar Named Desire, opera
- The Medium, opera: Monica's Waltz
- Porgy and Bess, opera: Summertime
- Wuthering Heights, opera: I have dreamt
- The Ballad of Baby Doe, opera in 2 acts: The Letter Song
- Glitter and Be Gay, for soprano & orchestra
- The Rake's Progress, opera in 3 acts: No word from Tom... I go, I go to him
- A Streetcar Named Desire: I Want Magic!
- The Medium: Monica's Waltz 1 comment
- Wuthering Heights: I Have Dreamt
- Susannah: The Trees on the Mountains
- Candide: Glitter And Be Gay
- The Rake's Progress: No Word From Tom ... I Go, I Go To Him
- Porgy And Bess: Summertime
- Susannah: Ain't It A Pretty Night
- The Ballad Of Baby Doe: The Letter Song
- Porgy And Bess: My Man's Gone Now
- VANESSA: He Has Come, He Has Come