Gloria Estefan Lyrics Follow
Gloria Estefan (née Fajardo; born September 1, 1957) is a Cuban-American singer, songwriter, actress, and businesswoman. She started off her career as the lead singer in the group called "Miami Latin Boys" which was eventually known as Miami Sound Machine.
Estefan's breakthrough success with "Conga" in 1985 made her known worldwide. The song became Estefan's signature song and led to the Miami Sound Machine winning the grand prix in the 15th annual Tokyo Music Festival in 1986. In the middle of 1988, she and the band got their first number-one hit for the song "Anything for You". She is a contralto.
In March 1990, Estefan had a severe accident in her tour bus. She made her comeback in March 1991 with a new world tour and album called Into The Light. Her 1993 Spanish-language album, Mi Tierra, won the first of her three Grammy Awards for Best Tropical Latin Album. It was the first number-one album on the Billboard Top Latin Albums chart, established when it was released. It was also the first Diamond album in Spain. Many of her songs like "Rhythm Is Gonna Get You", "1-2-3", "Get On Your Feet", "Here We Are", "Coming Out of the Dark", "Bad Boy", "Oye!", "Party Time" and a remake of "Turn the Beat Around" became international hits, with chart-topping scores. Estefan has sold an estimated 100 million records worldwide, including 31.5 million in the United States alone.
She has won three Grammy Awards. Estefan also received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and Las Vegas Walk of Fame. In 2015, she received the Presidential Medal of Freedom for her contributions to American music and received the Kennedy Center Honors in December 2017 for her contributions to American Culture Life. Estefan also won an MTV Video Music Award, she was honored with the American Music Award for Lifetime Achievement, as well as being named BMI Songwriter of the Year. She was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame and has received multiple Billboard Awards. She is also on the list of VH1 top 100 Greatest Artists of All Time, and in Billboard's Top 100 Greatest Artists Of All Time.
Music of My Heart Single
Abriendo Puertas Single
You'll Be Mine (Party Time) Single
Everlasting Love Single
I See Your Smile Single
Love Songs EP
Remember Me With Love Single
Go Away Single
Live for Loving You Single
- We've had a lot of scripts that have been sent....I really enjoy that.
- Our next musical project...and the new stuff.
- I think it is definitely possible....either way it was a great thing to do.
- Well this baby...that much more.
- Well, Jerry Weintraub, a producer for this movie...put together a world class project.
- The other video we already shot...very simple that way.
- With "Mi Tierra"... that they were on the original.
- This album we felt was important...programming and performing the music.
- I actually have been expecting a baby...it was a wonderful and a unique experience.
- It was a very unique experience...it was a thrill to do.
- Well, Emilio made his acting debut....it was a lot of fun.
- "Turn The Beat Around" was an obvious choice for me...I'll tell you that much.
- I got to meet both Sly and Sharon....and play it all the time.
- We we're mixing some of the tracks for the classics album...it turned out to be really perfect.
- No, I think what...but that one doesn't have a smell.
- I think a classic song...makes them a classic.
- The choosing process for the songs on this album....it got narrowed down little by little.
- I think I must've worn out....it was a natural for us to try that song.
- Well, Neil Sedaka is one of the great writers...that's the version we chose to do on this album.
- Every Singer Has Favorite Songs.... It Was A Good Moment I Think For It.
- The Album Is Called "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me" ....Doing This Album.
- Betch Say That
- Prisoner of Love
- Falling in Love
- Bad Boy
- El día que me quieras
- For All We Know