Jay Ferguson Lyrics Follow
For other men with the same name, see the list at Jay Ferguson.
Jay Ferguson (born October 14, 1968) is a member of the Canadian rock band Sloan. He is the only member in Sloan who comes from Halifax, Nova Scotia.
When he was twelve years old, he was given a job at a secondhand record store by George Zimmerman. Before Sloan, he was in a band with Chris Murphy called Kearney Lake Road. In 1991 Ferguson and Murphy started Sloan along with Patrick Pentland and Andrew Scott. Ferguson plays rhythm guitar and occasionally bass and drums. Some of his more famous songwriting contributions are "I Hate My Generation" from the album Twice Removed, "The Lines You Amend" from One Chord to Another, "Who Taught You to Live Like That?" from the album Never Hear the End of It, and "Witch's Wand" from the album Parallel Play.
In December 2005 Ferguson began hosting a show on CBC Radio 3 with Sloan bandmate Chris Murphy. Their show broadcasts Saturday and Sunday on Sirius Satellite Radio station (channel 94).
Ferguson also collaborates with other musicians and can be heard on Gentleman Reg's 2004 release Darby & Joan. He also occasionally DJs at Toronto area clubs.
- Monster Truck - Jay Ferguson
- Chief Readies His Troops - Jay Ferguson
- Junk Rumble - Jay Ferguson
- Tournament - Jay Ferguson
- Huey & Lewis - Jay Ferguson
- Main Title - Jay Ferguson
- Welcome - Jay Ferguson
- All Together Now - The Farm
- What I Need - Crystal Waters
- I Remember - Coolio
- Say You're Gonna Stay - Darryl d'Bonneau
- You Bring Me Joy - Rhythm Factor
- Starting Over
- Dream About You - Stevie B
- Love Will Shine on Me - Crystal Taliefero
- I Know - George Morel, Lillias White