Jazz at the Movies Band Lyrics Follow
A jazz band (jazz ensemble or jazz combo) is a musical ensemble that plays jazz music. Jazz bands vary in the quantity of its members and the style of jazz that they play but it is common to find a jazz band made up of a rhythm section and a horn section.
The size of a jazz band is closely related to the style of jazz they play as well as the type of venues in which they play. Smaller jazz bands, also known as combos, are common in night clubs and other small venues and will be made up of three to seven musicians; whereas big bands are found in dance halls and other larger venues.
Jazz bands can vary in size from a big band, to a smaller trio or quartet. The term jazz trio can refer to a three piece band with a pianist, double bass player and a drummer. Some bands use vocalists, while others are purely instrumental groups. Jazz bands usually have a bandleader. In a big band setting, there is usually more than one player for a type of instrument.
Jazz bands and their composition have changed many times throughout the years just as the music itself changes with each performers personal interpretation and improvisation which is one of the greatest appeals of going to see a jazz band.
- Calling You
- 'Round Midnight - from ''Round Midnight'
- Theme from Taxi Driver - from 'Taxi Driver'
- Les Modernes - from 'The Moderns'
- Memories of Green - from 'Blade Runner'
- Farewell, My Lovely - from 'Farewell, My Lovely'
- Black Orpheus - from 'Black Orpheus'
- Body Heat - from 'Body Heat'
- Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
- Auld Lang Syne
- Betty and Zorg / Chili Con Carne from 'Betty Blue'
- Santa's Theme
- Katya, Love Theme from The Russia House - from 'The Russia House'
- Christmas Will Return
- I'll Be Home for Christmas
- Sleigh Ride
- Dance of the Prince
- My Favorite Things
- The Christmas Song
- Somewhere in My Memory
- When Love Is Gone
- A Man and a Woman
- White Christmas
- As Time Goes By
- Indecent Proposal
- Tango from "Scent of a Woman"
- Winter Wonderland
- Somewhere In Time
- Love Theme from "Cousins"
- The Way We Were