John Coltrane Lyrics Follow
John William Coltrane, also known as "Trane" (September 23, 1926 – July 17, 1967), was an American jazz saxophonist and composer. Working in the bebop and hard bop idioms early in his career, Coltrane helped pioneer the use of modes in jazz and was later at the forefront of free jazz. He led at least fifty recording sessions during his career, and appeared as a sideman on many albums by other musicians, including trumpeter Miles Davis and pianist Thelonious Monk.
As his career progressed, Coltrane and his music took on an increasingly spiritual dimension. Coltrane influenced innumerable musicians, and remains one of the most significant saxophonists in music history. He received many posthumous awards and recognitions, including canonization by the African Orthodox Church and a special Pulitzer Prize in 2007. His second wife was pianist Alice Coltrane and their son, Ravi Coltrane, is also a saxophonist.
- Dial Africa
- Gold Coast
- When lights are low
- You're my everything
- All of you
- If were a bell
- 'Round about midnight
- Surrey with the fring on top
- How am i to know?
- Polka Dots and Moonbeams
- On It
- Never Knew
- In Freundshaft, for Solo Bassoon
- Giant Steps for Jazz Trio
- Humorous Scherzo for Four Bassoons Op.12 / 9
- Divertissement for Bassoon and String Quintet: IV. Allegro
- Lied Ohne Name, for Two Bassoons
- Ciranda Das Sete Notas, for Bassoon and Orchestra
- Concerto for Bassoon and Low Strings: III.
- Divertissement for Bassoon and String Quintet: I. Vivace
- Concerto for Bassoon and Low Strings: IV.
- Divertissement for Bassoon and String Quintet: II. Lento
- Concerto for Bassoon and Low Strings: V.