On Great Lone Hills lyrics
On great, lone hills, where tempests brood and gather, Primeval Earth, against primeval sky, We, faring forth, possessed by fervent longing, Have found a throne, eternal and high, Have knelt at last in wordless adoration, Till fire and whirlwind have both gone by.
With ardent song we greet the golden morning. By faith upborne, remember not the night. The whole wide world, triumphant hails the dawning. God walks abroad in garments of might, The hills, behold, are now a path of splendor, Transfigured all, and all crowned with light.
Part of these releases
Popular John McCracken & Craig S. Williams Songs
- Mansions of the Lord - USMA Cadet Glee Club, Glennie-Smith, Nich
- The Star Spangled Banner - USMA Cadet Glee Club, Key, Francis Scott
- Jerusalem - USMA Cadet Glee Club, Parry, Charles H. H
- Take Me Home - USMA Cadet Glee Club, Coulter, Phil
- America - USMA Cadet Glee Club, Ward, Samuel A.
- On Great Lone Hills - USMA Cadet Glee Club, Sibelius, Jean 1
- Men of Freedom - USMA Cadet Glee Club, Coppi, Doug
- This Christmastide - USMA Cadet Glee Club, McCulloch, Mary
- Lest We Forget - USMA Cadet Glee Club, Buchanan, Peter
- The Longest Day - USMA Cadet Glee Club, Anka, Paul
- see all by John McCracken & Craig S. Williams
On Great Lone Hills Video
for submitting the lyrics.
Correct these lyrics
Comments on On Great Lone Hills
Top 1 comment
Thanks for the lyrics above. They are the ones I
learned singing in the glee club in elementary
school. I am 83 years old.
Submit your thoughts
These comments are owned by whoever posted them. This lyrics site is not responsible for them in any way.
© to the lyrics most likely owned by either the publisher () or
the artist(s) (John McCracken & Craig S. Williams) which produced the music or artwork. Details