Johnny Lee & Kenny Rogers Lyrics Follow
John R. Cash (born J. R. Cash; February 26, 1932 – September 12, 2003) was an American singer-songwriter, guitarist, actor, and author. He is one of the best-selling music artists of all time, having sold more than 90 million records worldwide. Although primarily remembered as a country music icon, his genre-spanning songs and sound embraced rock and roll, rockabilly, blues, folk, and gospel. This crossover appeal won Cash the rare honor of being inducted into the Country Music, Rock and Roll, and Gospel Music Halls of Fame.
Cash was known for his deep, calm bass-baritone voice; the distinctive sound of his Tennessee Three backing band, which is characterized by train-sound guitar rhythms; a rebelliousness coupled with an increasingly somber and humble demeanor; free prison concerts; and a trademark, all-black stage wardrobe, which earned him the nickname "The Man in Black." He traditionally began his concerts by simply introducing himself, "Hello, I'm Johnny Cash," followed by his signature song "Folsom Prison Blues".
Much of Cash's music contained themes of sorrow, moral tribulation, and redemption, especially in the later stages of his career. His other signature songs include "I Walk the Line", "Ring of Fire", "Get Rhythm", and "Man in Black". He also recorded humorous numbers like "One Piece at a Time" and "A Boy Named Sue"; a duet with his future wife, June Carter, called "Jackson" (followed by many further duets after their marriage); and railroad songs including "Hey, Porter", "Orange Blossom Special", and "Rock Island Line". During the last stage of his career, Cash covered songs by several late 20th-century rock artists, notably "Hurt" by Nine Inch Nails and "Personal Jesus" by Depeche Mode.
- Look What You've Done To Me - Boz Scaggs
- All Nighy Long - Joe Walsh
- Orange Blossom Special/ Hoedown - Gilley's 'Urban Cowboy' Band
- Falling In Love For The Night - The Charlie Daniels Band
- Lookin' For Love - Johnny Lee
- Cherokee Fiddle - Johnny Lee
- Stand By Me - Mickey Gilley
- Hearta Against The Wind - Linda Ronstadt
- Love The World Away - Kenny Rogers
- Could I Have This Dance - Anne Murray
- The Devil Went Down To Georgia - The Charlie Daniels Band
- Hello Texas - Jimmt Buffett
- Lyin' Eyes - The Eagles
- Darlin' - Bonnie Raitt
- Times Like These - Dan Fogelberg
- Here Comes The Hurt Again - Mickey Gilley
- Nine Tonight - Bob Seger And The Siver Bullet Band
- Don't It Make Ya Wanna Dance - Bonnie Raitt