Kiri Te Kanawa & Malvina Major Lyrics Follow
Dame Kiri Janette Te Kanawa (pronounced ; born Claire Mary Teresa Rawstron, 6 March 1944) is a New Zealand soprano. She has a full lyric soprano voice, which has been described as "mellow yet vibrant, warm, ample and unforced".
Te Kanawa has received accolades in many countries, singing a wide array of works in many languages dating from the 17th to the 20th centuries. She is particularly associated with the works of Mozart, Strauss, Verdi, Handel and Puccini, and has found considerable success in portraying princesses, nobility, and other similar characters on stage.
Though she rarely sang opera later in her career, Te Kanawa frequently performed in concert and recital, gave masterclasses, and supported young opera singers in launching their careers. Her final performance was in Ballarat, Australia, in October 2016, but she did not reveal her retirement until September 2017.
- La Rondine , opera: Chi il bel sogno di Doretta
- Adriana Lecouvreur, opera: Io son l'umile ancella
- Madama Butterfly , opera: Un bel dì vedremo
- Die Fledermaus , operetta : Champagne Chorus
- Turandot, opera: Nessun dorma
- Lakmé, opera: Dôme épais, le jasmin
- Candide, operetta in 2 acts : Make Your Garden Grow
- May It Be
- Hine e Hine
- Le nozze di Figaro , opera, K. 492: Che soave zefiretto
- I Vespri siciliani, opera : Mercè diletti amiche
- La bohème, opera: O soave fanciulla
- Louise, opera: Depuis le jour
- Tosca, opera: Vissi d'Arte
- Carmen, opera: Flower Song
- Morgen , song for voice & piano , Op. 27/4
- Le nozze di Figaro , opera, K. 492: Porgi Amor
- Carmen, opera: Habanera
- Così fan tutte, opera, K. 588: Soave sia il vento