Michigan State University Wind Symphony Lyrics Follow
The Spartan Marching Band (SMB) is the marching band of Michigan State University. Founded in 1870 as a 10-member student group, the band is the oldest in the Big Ten Conference. The SMB made their first appearance in the Rose Bowl in 1954. The band has played for five U.S. Presidents, performed at five Rose Bowls, two World's Fairs, and one World Series. The father of the MSU Band program is Leonard Falcone, who directed the SMB from 1927 through 1967.
The SMB has toured the United States extensively, appearing in concert and on football fields in San Francisco, New York City, Dallas, Chicago, Indianapolis, Detroit, Las Vegas, Albuquerque, Orlando, St. Louis, Denver, New Orleans, Pasadena, Salt Lake City, El Paso, San Antonio, Tokyo, Tucson, San Diego, Tampa and Washington, D.C.
- As the Scent of Spring Rain
- Wild Nights!
- Concerto Suite For Alto Saxophone and Band, I. Lively
- Starry Crown
- Concerto Suite For Alto Saxophone and Band, II. Like an Old Folksong
- The Heart of the Morn
- Concerto Suite For Alto Saxophone and Band, III. Scherzando
- Concerto Suite For Alto Saxophone and Band, IV. Introduction and Jump