Mick Jagger & Dave Stewart Lyrics Follow
Sir Michael Philip Jagger (born 26 July 1943), known professionally as Mick Jagger, is an English singer-songwriter, musician, composer and actor who gained fame as the lead singer and one of the founder members of the Rolling Stones. Jagger's career has spanned over five decades, and he has been described as "one of the most popular and influential frontmen in the history of rock & roll". His distinctive voice and performances, along with Keith Richards' guitar style have been the trademark of the Rolling Stones throughout the band's career. Jagger gained press notoriety for his admitted drug use and romantic involvements, and was often portrayed as a countercultural figure.
Jagger was born and grew up in Dartford, Kent. He studied at the London School of Economics before abandoning his academic career to join the Rolling Stones. Jagger has written most of the Rolling Stones' songs together with Richards, and they continue to collaborate musically. In the late 1960s, Jagger began acting in films (starting with Performance and Ned Kelly), to a mixed reception. He began a solo career in 1985, releasing his first album, She's the Boss, and joined the electric supergroup SuperHeavy in 2009. Relationships with the Stones' members, particularly Richards, deteriorated during the 1980s, but Jagger has always found more success with the band than with his solo and side projects.
In 1989, Jagger was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and in 2004 into the UK Music Hall of Fame with the Rolling Stones. As member of the Stones, and as solo artist, he reached number one on the UK and US singles charts with 13 singles, the Top 10 with 32 singles and the Top 40 with 70 singles. In 2003, he was knighted for his services to popular music.
Jagger has been married (and divorced) once, and has also had several other relationships. Jagger has eight children with five women. He also has five grandchildren, and became a great-grandfather on 19 May 2014, when his daughter Jade's daughter, Assisi, gave birth to a daughter. Jagger's net worth has been estimated at $360 million.
- Old Habits Die Hard - Mick Jagger & Dave Stewart
- Alfie - Joss Stone
- Let's Make It Up - Mick Jagger & Dave Stewart
- Old Habits Reprise - Mick Jagger & Dave Stewart
- Blind Leading The Blind - Mick Jagger & Dave Stewart
- Lonely Without You - Mick Jagger
- Standing In The Rain - Mick Jagger & Dave Stewart
- Counting The Days - Mick Jagger & Dave Stewart
- New York Hustle - Mick Jagger & Dave Stewart
- Wicked Time - Joss Stone & Nadirah "Nadz"
- Darkness Of Your Love - Gary "Mudbone" Cooper & Dave Stewart
- Nikki - Mick Jagger & Dave Stewart
- Jack The Lad - Mick Jagger & Dave Stewart