Mormon Tabernacle Choir & Sissel Lyrics Follow
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir, sometimes colloquially referred to as MoTab or Tab Choir, is a 360-member choir. The choir is part of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church). It has performed in the Salt Lake Tabernacle for over a hundred years. The Tabernacle houses an organ consisting of 11,623 pipes. The choir is usually accompanied by it. An orchestra or a cappella singing is used as well.
The choir was founded in August 1847, one month after the Mormon pioneers entered the Salt Lake Valley. Prospective singers must be LDS Church members who are eligible for a temple recommend, be between 25 and 55 years of age at the start of choir service, and live within 100 miles of Temple Square.
- Mitt hjerte alltid vanker
- Angels, from the Realms of Glory
- Vitae lux
- In the Bleak Midwinter
- Noe! Noe!
- Bells of Christmas Medley
- Wexford Carol
- Like an Angel Passing through My Room
- Silent Night
- Bring a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella
- Lux aurumque
- Spirit of the Season from the Polar Express
- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
- Maria Wiegenlied
- Sunny Bank
- In dulci jubilo