Mormon Tabernacle Choir Lyrics Follow
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir, sometimes colloquially referred to as MoTab or Tab Choir, is a 360-member choir. The choir is part of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church). It has performed in the Salt Lake Tabernacle for over a hundred years. The Tabernacle houses an organ consisting of 11,623 pipes. The choir is usually accompanied by it. An orchestra or a cappella singing is used as well.
The choir was founded in August 1847, one month after the Mormon pioneers entered the Salt Lake Valley. Prospective singers must be LDS Church members who are eligible for a temple recommend, be between 25 and 55 years of age at the start of choir service, and live within 100 miles of Temple Square.
He Is Risen EP
- Israel in Egypt, HWV 54: Part II, no. 10: Chorus "But as for his people"
- Messiah, HWV 56: Part II, no. 44. “Hallelujah”
- Israel in Egypt, HWV 54: Part III, no. 39: Chorus "Sing ye to the Lord"
- The Four Coronation Anthems: "Zadok The Priest", HWV 258
- Saul, HWV 53: Act I, Scene I. Chorus "How excellent Thy name, o Lord"
- Serse, HWV 40: Atto I. Arioso "Ombra mai fù"
- Judas Maccabaeus, HWV 63: Act III, no. 68: Chorus "Hallelujah! Amen"
- Judas Maccabaeus, HWV 63: Act III, no. 60: Chorus "Sing unto God, and high affections raise"
- Samson, HWV 57: Act III, no. 108. "Let Their Celestial Concerts All Unite"
- Messiah, HWV 56: Part I, no. 12. Chorus "For Unto us a Child is Born"
- Saul, HWV 53: Act I, Scene III. Chorus "David his ten thousands slew" / "Welcome, welcome, mighty king!"
- Judas Maccabaeus, HWV 63: Act III, no. 58: "See the conqu'ring hero comes"
- Samson, HWV 57: Act I. "Awake the Trumpet's Lofty Sound"
- Shepherd's Pipe Carol
- Fantasy on “What Child Is This?”
- What Shall We Give?
- Messiah: 53. Worthy is the Lamb
- Messiah: 44. Hallelujah!
- Messiah: 45. I know that my Redeemer liveth
- Messiah: 40. Why do the nations?
- Messiah: 47. Behold, I tell you a mystery
- Messiah: 42. He that dwelleth in Heaven
- Messiah: 48. The trumpet shall sound
- Messiah: 43. Thou shalt break them
- Messiah: 33. Lift up your heads
- Messiah: 24. Surely He hath borne our griefs
- Messiah: 25. And with His stripes we are healed
- Messiah: 26. All we like sheep have gone astray
- Messiah: 22. Behold the Lamb of God
- Messiah: 23. He was despised