Musica Antiqua Lyrics Follow
Musica Antiqua Köln was an early music group that was founded in 1973 by Reinhard Goebel and fellow students from the Conservatory of Music in Cologne. Musica Antiqua Köln devoted itself largely to the performance of the music of the 17th and 18th centuries. The group recorded extensively for Archiv Produktion and received numerous awards, including the Grand Prix International du Disque, Gramophone Award, Diapason d’or, and Grammy nominations.
The ensemble disbanded after more than 30 years of touring, recording and performing in 2007. Reinhard Goebel has since concentrated on conducting larger orchestras in both ancient and modern repertoire. Musica Antiqua Köln's last recording for Archiv, Flute Quartets by Telemann (2005), was a collaboration with the Swiss recorder virtuoso Maurice Steger.
A final recording, Johann Friedrich Meister: Il Giardino del Piacere, forgotten by its performers and recording company, was issued in 2011. Advance publicity materials stated that its contents were recorded originally for televised broadcast in 2004.
- Trouvere Tunes
- Dance Suite - Collection of 1613 (Johanna/Regina/Rosina/Magdelena/Marga
- Minstrel Melodies (Ach Reine Zart - Liederbuch/Das Jaegerhorn - Liederb
- Festive Sounds (Trotto - English 14th Century/Alle, Psallite - Alleluya
- Renaissance Song & Dance (Now Will the Sound of Singing Tell/Bransles d
- Instrumental Music of the Early Barogue (Two Aufzugs/Schreittanz (Sprin
- The Cabinet Organ (Preambulum in Fa/ der Zeuner Tantz/Preambulum In/Passame
- Lauda and Motet (Alla Trinta - 13th Century/Venite a Laudare - 13th Cen
- Three English Songs for Voices and Instruments (Lully Lullary (The Cove
- Medieval Dances (Dance Tune - French Circa 1300/Stantipes - English 13t