Paul Dresher Ensemble Lyrics Follow
Paul Joseph Dresher (born January 8, 1951 in Los Angeles) is an American composer. Dresher received his B.A. in music from the University of California, Berkeley and his M.A. in composition from the University of California, San Diego, where he studied with Robert Erickson, Roger Reynolds, Pauline Oliveros, and Bernard Rands.
He also studied Ghanaian drumming with C. K. and Kobla Ladzekpo, Hindustani classical music with Nikhil Banerjee, and Balinese and Javanese music.
Dresher's music has been variously described as minimalist and postminimalist. Dresher himself, poking fun at the latter term (which he perceives as fairly meaningless), has referred to himself as a "pre-maximalist," hence the name of his record label, MinMax.
Dresher served on the Board of Directors for the American Music Center from 1994 through 2000.
Recordings of Dresher's works are available on the Lovely Music, New World, CRI, Music and Arts, O.O. Discs, BMG/Catalyst, MinMax, Starkland, and New Albion labels.
He was the recipient of a 2006 Guggenheim fellowship.
- Match Stick Empire
- Riding Shotgun
- Without a Word
- Eyes Open
- The Magazine Dream
- The Sunday Paper
- Duck Blind
- Dad's Letter
- Sleeping With the Light On
- For Bud from Life is Good...And People Are Basically Decent
- Auto/Motive from Exploded View
- Light Fall
- DixieLurch Music from Life is Good...And People Are Basically Decent
- Gehenna from Life is Good...And People Are Basically Decent
- Baby Talk from Exploded View
- Driver from Life is Good...And People Are Basically Decent
- Jimi�s Fridge
- Cats from Exploded View
- Contrary from Life is Good...And People Are Basically Decent
- Kole Kat Krush