Red Sparowes Lyrics Follow
Red Sparowes is a Los Angeles post-rock band comprising current and former members of Isis, Marriages, The Nocturnes, Halifax Pier, Angel Hair and Pleasure Forever. Their sound is characteristic of soundscape-influenced experimental rock, with an otherwise uncommon extensive use of a pedal steel guitar.
Red Sparowes EP
- Proud to Drown
- +Rock Song
- Young & Old / Divine Longing
- I Saw the Sky in the North Open to the Ground and Fire Poured Out.
- As the black wind withers in the sky, we are graced dimly in our dreams.
- Sleep and Dream
- The Lamb and the Labrador
- Bad Bhang Recipe
- Stray Dog
- Black Tar Prophecy
- Error Has Turned Animals Into Men, and to Each the Fold Repeats.
- The Fear Is Excruciating, but Therein Lies the Answer.
- We Left the Apes to Rot, but Find the Fang Grows Within.
- Mechanical sounds cascaded through the city walls and everyone reveled in their ignorance.
- The Freeway
- Finally, as that blazing sun shone down upon us, did we know that true enemy was the voice of blind idolatry; And only then did we begin to think for ourselves.
- "Annihilate the sparrow, that stealer of seed, and our harvests will abound; we will watch our wealth flood in."
- We stood transfixed in blank devotion as our leader spoke to us, looking down on our mute faces with a great, raging, and unseeing eye.
- A message of avarice rained down upon us and carried us away into false dreams of endless riches.
- Like the howling glory of the darkest winds, this voice was thunderous and the words holy, tangling their way around our hearts and clutching our innocent awe.
- And by our own hand did every last bird lie silent in their puddles, the air barren of song as the clouds drifted away. For killing their greatest enemy, the locusts noisily thanked us and turned their jaws toward our crops, swallowing our greed whol
- Millions starved and we became skinnier and skinnier, while our leaders became fatter and fatter.
- The great leap forward poured down upon us one day like a mighty storm, suddenly and furiously blinding our senses.
- In Illusions of Order
- Truths Arise
- As Each End Looms and Subsides
- A Hail of Bombs