Rob Whitlock Lyrics Follow
Robert Stanley "Bobby" Whitlock (born March 18, 1948, in Memphis, Tennessee) is an American singer, songwriter and musician. He is best known as a member of the blues-rock band Derek and the Dominos, with Eric Clapton, in 1970–71. Whitlock's musical career began with Memphis soul acts such as Sam & Dave and Booker T. & the M.G.'s before he joined Delaney & Bonnie and Friends in 1968. His association with Delaney & Bonnie bandmate Clapton led to Whitlock's participation in sessions for George Harrison's 1970 triple album All Things Must Pass, in London, and the formation of Derek and the Dominos that year. On the band's sole studio album, the critically acclaimed Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs, Whitlock wrote or co-wrote seven of the album's fourteen tracks, including "Tell the Truth", "Anyday" and "Why Does Love Got to Be So Sad?"
Whitlock recorded four solo albums during the 1970s, among them Bobby Whitlock and Raw Velvet, and contributed to albums by Clapton, John Lennon, Dr John and the Rolling Stones. He then retired from music until releasing It's About Time in 1999. Following his return, Whitlock has recorded and performed with his wife, CoCo Carmel, and since 2006 with other musicians based in Austin, Texas. Among his and Carmel's projects, Other Assorted Love Songs, Live from Whitney Chapel contains acoustic interpretations of songs originally recorded by Derek and the Dominos.
- 2nd Service, by Rob Whitlock/Rob Whitlock Music
- The Colours od Life, by Amber & Rob Whitlock/Melonade Music , Rob Whitlock Music
- At Freedom Chicken Dance, by Rob Whitlock/Pee Wee Ellis/Eddie Harris; Rob Whitlock Music, Golo Publishing Co., Seventh House LTD.
- Them There Eyes, by Maceo Pinkerton, Doris Tauber, William G. Tracey / Them There Eyes Verse, by Amber & Rob Whitlock/Melonade Music , Rob Whitlock Music
- Cold Duck Time, by Eddie Harris/Seventh House LTD.
- Do I Love You, by Rogers & Hammerstein
- Gotta' Insulator, by Rob Whitlock/Rob Whitlock Music