Rodney Bingenheimer Lyrics Follow
Rodney Bingenheimer (born December 15, 1947) is an American radio disc jockey who was on the Los Angeles rock station KROQ. He joined SiriusXM's Little Steven's Underground Garage on July 16, 2017. He is notable for helping numerous bands become successful in the American market. His contribution to the music business has been described as important. He developed a reputation for being the first American D.J. to identify new artists and play "edgy new bands" such as Blondie, the Ramones, the Sex Pistols, Van Halen, Guns N' Roses, Duran Duran, The Cure, Joan Jett, Hole, Symbol Six, No Doubt, Blur, Nirvana, Sonic Youth, The Bangles, X, Germs and many others.
He once managed a L.A. nightclub called Rodney Bingenheimer's English Disco in the early seventies.
He was the subject of a documentary by late filmmaker George Hickenlooper titled Mayor of the Sunset Strip which told the story of a groupie-turned-kingmaker with a knack for making friends in the music industry. He was described as a "famous groupie, now respectable" by Mick Jagger and he has numerous high-profile friends. In 2007, he was honored with the 2,330th star on Hollywood Boulevard.
- I'm a Believer - Nina Hagen
- Abolish Government/Silent Majority - T.S.O.L.
- Wild in the Streets - Circle Jerks
- Preppy - JFA
- Bitchen Summer - Bangles
- This City of Vice - 39 Steps 1 comment
- Is That All There Is? - Cristina
- Amoeba - The Adolescents
- You Make Me Feel Cheap - Channel 3
- Private World - Dramarama
- Bloodstains - Agent Orange
- This Could Be the Night - Henry Diltz
- Kids Are Alright - The Calamaties
- Annette's Got the Hits - Redd Kross
- Pushin' Too Hard - El Klan
- Clean-Cut American Kid - Ill Repute
- This Is Goodbye - The Characters
- Misirlou - Agent Orange
- Are You Ready for the Sex Girls? - Gleaming Spires
- Spoken Word Introduction - Brooke Shields
- Dead Heroes - Red Rockers
- Urban Struggle - The Vandals
- Modern Machine - Crowd
- Barbie Doll Look - Sky Saxon
- Suicide Child