The Appletree Theatre Lyrics Follow
The Appletree Theatre was a studio group of American musicians who released the album Playback in 1967.
The project was set up by brothers Terry and John Boylan, with leading jazz session musicians including Larry Coryell and Eric Gale. The album was essentially a loosely woven concept album, comprising a collage of interlaced vocal narratives, sound effects, song fragments, and quality pop songs such as "Hightower Square" and "I Wonder If Louise Is Home". It was issued on the Verve Forecast label and was finally reissued on CD in 2007. John Lennon referred to it as one of his favourite albums.
In the wake of the set's commercial failure, Terry went solo, releasing three albums as a singer/songwriter, while John reappeared as a member of the short-lived Hamilton Streetcar before turning his attention to production with the Eagles, Linda Ronstadt, and others.
- The Sorry State of Staying Awake
- You're the Biggest Thing in My Life
- Don't Blame It on Your Wife
- I Wonder If Louise Is Home
- Nevertheless It Was Italy
- ...in the Beginning
- Barefoot Boy
- Nevertheless It Was Italy (A Deja Vu in a Pizza Parlor and a Bit of Mer
- Lotus Flower
- Brother Speed
- Saturday Morning
- Hightower Square
- You're the Biggest Thing in My Life (Being, As It Is, A Pause in the Pr
- Chez Louise
- Sorry State of Staying Awake
- I Wonder If Liouise Is Home
- Don't Blame It on Your Wife (The Fellini Song: An Ode or an Elegy Depen
- What a Way to Go