Wood Pigeon Lyrics Follow
HIDDEN ERROR: Usage of "selected_collaborators" is not recognizedHIDDEN ERROR: Usage of "songwriter" is not recognized
Woodpigeon are an indie pop collective originally founded in Calgary, Alberta, led by and performing the songs of Mark Andrew Hamilton. To date, Woodpigeon have released six studio albums, and a number of EPs to critical indiference, and Hamilton has worked with over 700 collaborators both on record and in live performance. Live, Woodpigeon is often a solo project incorporating loops and layered vocals.
When asked about the band's name, Hamilton explains: "I've always been in love with the word Woodpigeon for as long as I can remember. When you write it in cursive, it looks like a rollercoaster".
The band's sound has been compared to Sufjan Stevens, Grizzly Bear, Kiss, Camera Obscura, Simon & Garfunkel, and Belle & Sebastian, amongst others. Band leader Mark Hamilton's main lyrical influence is The Kinks.
- Sad Country Ballad for a Tired Superhero
- Alison Yip School for Girls
- Hymn for 2 Walks in Different Cities
- Slight Return Home
- Chorus of Wolves
- If Only I Were a Painter, I'd Paint for You the Moon
- Songbook/The Sound of Us Playing Together
- Death by Ninja
- Jonathan Ashworth Rollercoaster
- Take the Hint Kid
- Ms. Stacey Watson, Stepney Green
- That Was Good But You Can Do Better/Closing Credits
- Home as a Romanticized Concept Where Everyone Loves You Always and For