Darlene Love Lyrics Follow
Darlene Wright (born July 26, 1941), known by her stage name, Darlene Love, is an American popular music singer and actress. She gained prominence in the 1960s for the song "He's a Rebel," a No. 1 American single in 1962, and was one of the artists who performed on the celebrated Christmas album A Christmas Gift for You from Phil Spector, produced by Phil Spector in 1963. She is ranked number 84 among Rolling Stone's 100 Greatest Singers.
As a minister's daughter, she grew up listening to gospel music and was a dedicated member of her church. She began singing in her church choir at age ten. During choir practice she caught the attention of choir director Cora Martin. After singing for Martin she was asked to go to the Music Mart where she sang and did some broadcasts; Love's career began there. As it was her first musical experience, it was also the main influence for her to pursue a music career. Those who knew her described her vocals as "a voice of a nightingale." She claimed, "(singing in) the choir was a big influence on my life. I call it my learning ground. Singing in the choir, I learned harmony."
As an actress, she is perhaps best remembered for playing officer Roger Murtaugh's (Danny Glover) wife in the Lethal Weapon film series.
- Wait Til' My Bobby Gets Home
- Take It From Me
- Night of Peace
- Happy Xmas
- What Christmas Means to Me
- Christmas Is the Time to Say ''i Love You''
- Thanks for Christmas
- Christmas Must Be Tonight
- 2000 Miles
- Please Come Home for Christmas
- Christmas Wish
- Santa Claus Go Straight to the Ghetto
- Christmas All Over Again
- Who Took the Merry Out of Christmas
- Chapel of Love
- Not Too Young to Get Married
- He's Sure the Boy I Love
- Why Do Lovers Break Each Other's Hearts
- My Heart Beat a Little Faster
- Playing for Keeps
- No Other Love (feat. Eddie Beal Orchestra)
- He's a Rebel
- (Today I Met) The Boy I'm Gonna Marry