John Tavener Lyrics Follow
Sir John Kenneth Tavener (28 January 1944 – 12 November 2013) was an English composer, known for his extensive output of religious works, including The Protecting Veil, Song for Athene and The Lamb.
Tavener first came to prominence with his cantata The Whale, premiered in 1968. Then aged 24, he was described by The Guardian as "the musical discovery of the year", while The Times said he was "among the very best creative talents of his generation." During his career he became one of the best known and popular composers of his generation, most particularly for The Protecting Veil, which as recorded by cellist Steven Isserlis became a bestselling album, and Song for Athene which was sung at the funeral of Princess Diana. The Lamb featured in the soundtrack for Paolo Sorrentino's film The Great Beauty. Tavener was knighted in 2000 for his services to music and won an Ivor Novello Award.
- John Tavener In Interview With Brian Newhouse
- IV. Metamorphothes. Alliluia. Eros
- II. Eros
- III. Ekstasis. Ekstasis. Eros
- I. Metamorphothes. Eros
- My Song Is Love Unknown
- The Seasons of His Mercies
- The Souls of the Righteous
- Seek Him That Maketh the Seven Stars
- O Be Joyful in the Lord
- Lute-Book Lullaby
- Adagio and Allegro for Cello and Orchestra, op. 70: II. Allegro
- Suite no. 1 for cello solo: III. Canzona
- Suite no. 1 for cello solo: IV. Allegro
- Mariel, for cello and marimba
- Suite no. 1 for cello solo: I. Prelude
- Adagio and Allegro for cello and orchestra, op. 70: I. Allegro
- Suite no. 1 for cello solo: II. Allegro
- Threnos, for cello solo
- Concerto for cello and orchestra in D minor, op. 82: I. Allegro moderato
- Adagio and Allegro for cello and orchestra, op. 70: I. Adagio
- Concerto for cello and orchestra in D minor, op. 82: II. Andante con moto
- Concerto for cello and orchestra in D minor, op. 82: III. Allegro vivace
- Oliver Cromwell
- Since She Whom I Loved
- Tre Laude Dolce: II.
- Tre Laude Dolce: III.