La Boheme: Vecchia Zimarra lyrics
Old cassock of mine, listen,
I will remain down here; you must ascend
now to the hallowed monte di pietà.
You have my gratitude.
Never did you bend your threadbare
back to the rich and the mighty.
Your pockets were haven,
as if peaceful caverns,
for philosophers and poets.
Now that cheerful times
have vanished, I say to you: Farewell,
my faithful friend.
Part of these releases
Popular Marcel Journet Songs
- Le jongleur de Notre-Dame, opera in 3 acts: La vierge entend... Fleurissait une sauge
- H�rodiade, opera in 4 acts: Dors, � cit� perverse!... Astres �tincelants
- La Damnation de Faust, for mezzo-soprano, tenor, baritone, bass, chorus and orchestra, H. 111 : Une pu
- Die G�tterd�mmerung , opera, WWV 86d: Hier sitz'ich zur Wacht
- La boh�me, opera: Vecchia zimarra
- La procession: Dieu s'avance � travers les champs!, for voice & orchestra , M. 88
- Sigurd, opera: Au nom du roi Gunther
- Robert le diable, grand opera in 5 acts: D�mons fatals
- Das Rheingold , opera, WWV 86a: Abendlich strahlt
- Le Chalet, operetta: Dans la service de l"Autrice
- see all by Marcel Journet
La Boheme: Vecchia Zimarra Video
for submitting the lyrics.
Correct these lyrics
Comments on La Boheme: Vecchia Zimarra
Submit your thoughts
These comments are owned by whoever posted them. This lyrics site is not responsible for them in any way.
© to the lyrics most likely owned by either the publisher () or
the artist(s) (Marcel Journet) which produced the music or artwork. Details