Pol Plançon Lyrics Follow
Pol Henri Plançon (12 June 1851 – 11 August 1914) was a distinguished French operatic bass (basse chantante). He was one of the most acclaimed singers active during the 1880s, 1890s and early 20th century—a period often referred to as the "Golden Age of Opera".
In addition to being among the earliest international opera stars to have made recordings, he was a versatile singer who performed roles ranging from Sarastro in Mozart's The Magic Flute of 1791 through to core bass parts composed in the 19th century by Meyerbeer, Gounod, Verdi and Wagner, among others.
He was renowned for his exquisite legato singing as well as for his crisp diction, limpid tone, precise intonation, and virtuosic mastery of ornaments and fioriture. While not huge, his voice was of penetrating character, making a consistently positive impression in such large theatres as the Metropolitan Opera in New York City. It always moved with exemplary suppleness, allowing him to execute flawless trills and rapid scale passages with remarkable precision and suavity.
- Carmen, opera: Air du Tor�ador
- Rom�o et Juliette, opera: Allons jeunes gens
- Don Carlo, opera: Oui je suis...Je dormirai dans mon manteau regal
- Martha, opera: Chi mi dira
- Faust, opera: Alerte! Alerte!...Anges purs, anges radieux
- Mignon, opera in 3 acts: Ninna nanna
- Le Cor
- Faust, opera: Je ferai de mon mieux...Le veau d'or est toujours debout
- Phil�mon et Baucis, opera: Au bruits des lourds marteaux d'Arain
- Le Lazzarone, for voice & piano
- Faust, opera: Vous qui faites l'endormie
- L' �toile du Nord, comic opera in 3 acts: O jours heureux
- Le Ca�d, opera in 2 acts: Enfin ch�ri...Le tambour-major
- La Damnation de Faust, for mezzo-soprano, tenor, baritone, bass, chorus and orchestra, H. 111 : Devant
- Die Jahreszeiten , oratorio, H. 21/3: Le laboureur s'empresse
- Le Chalet, operetta: Vallons de l'Helvetie...dans nos montagnes
- La Damnation de Faust, for mezzo-soprano, tenor, baritone, bass, chorus and orchestra, H. 111 : Une pu
- Die Zauberfl�te , opera, K. 620: Possenti numi Isis e Osiris
- La Damnation de Faust, for mezzo-soprano, tenor, baritone, bass, chorus and orchestra, H. 111 : Voici
- Die Zauberfl�te , opera, K. 620: Qui sdegno
- Robert le diable, grand opera in 5 acts: Voil� les ruines...Nonnes, qui reposez
- La sonnambula, opera: Il mulino...Vi ravviso
- Dinorah , comic opera in 3 acts: Enchasse...Le jour est lev
- Les Huguenots, grand opera in 5 acts: Piff! Paff! Pouff!