Roger Heaton Lyrics Follow
Roger Meddows Taylor (born 26 July 1949) is an English musician, singer and songwriter. He is a multi-instrumentalist, best known as the drummer for the rock band Queen. As a drummer, Taylor was recognised early in his career for his unique sound. He was voted by radio listeners as the eighth-greatest drummer in classic rock music history in a poll conducted by Planet Rock in 2005.
As a songwriter, Taylor contributed songs to Queen's albums from the very beginning, composing at least one track on every album, and often singing lead vocals on his own compositions. He wrote or co-wrote three UK number 1s ("These Are the Days of Our Lives", "Innuendo" and "Under Pressure") and contributed a further five major hits ("Radio Ga Ga", "A Kind of Magic", "Heaven for Everyone", "Breakthru", and "The Invisible Man"). He is also commonly known to have been the main writer on the international top-ten hit "One Vision", although the track is credited to the whole band. He has collaborated with such artists as Eric Clapton, Roger Waters, Roger Daltrey, Robert Plant, Phil Collins, Genesis, Jimmy Nail, Elton John, Gary Numan, Shakin' Stevens, Foo Fighters, Al Stewart, Steve Vai, Yoshiki, Cyndi Almouzni, and Bon Jovi. As a producer, he has produced albums by Virginia Wolf, Jimmy Nail and Magnum.
In addition to his drum work, Taylor sometimes played keyboards, guitars and bass on his own songs. During the 1980s, in addition to his work with Queen, he formed a parallel band known as The Cross, in which he was the lead singer and rhythm guitarist. During the early 1980s, Taylor was also a panellist on the popular UK quiz show Pop Quiz, hosted by Mike Read.
According to The Sunday Times Rich List, Taylor was worth £80 million or around $127 million as of 2011. In 2014, he appeared in The Life of Rock with Brian Pern as himself. Taylor is also well known for his falsetto vocal range.
- Three Elegies for Nine Clarinets: I.
- Three Elegies for Nine Clarinets: II.
- Three Elegies for Nine Clarinets: III.
- Cinema Paradiso
- 25 Kärwa Melodien
- Rational Melody No.1
- Bass Clarinet & Percussion
- Rational Melody No. 21
- New York Counterpoint: II.
- Like He Never Was
- New York Counterpoint: III.
- Stone: Wind: Rain: Sun
- New York Counterpoint: I.
- Hymn To St. Cecilia - Choir Of St. John's College, Cambridge
- Sehr Fliessend - Ulster Orchestra
- Main Theme From Schindler's List - Paul Bateman
- Vivo - Bournemouth Sinfonietta
- II. Lento E Largo-Tranquillissimo - Zofia Kilanowicz
- Fliessend, Ausserst Zart - Ulster Orchestra
- The Lord's Prayer - Choir Of St. John's College, Cambridge
- IV. Commentaire - Idil Biret
- I. Andante-Scherzo - Rebecca Hirsch
- Sehr Langsam Und Ausserst Zart - Ulster Orchestra
- Voice For Solo Flute - Robert Aitken
- III. Allegro Agitato - Stephen Gunzenhauser
- Forlane: Allegretto - Klara Kormendi
- The Mountebank - Philharmonia Orchestra
- Lebhaft Und Zart Bewegt - Ulster Orchestra
- I. Liturgie De Cristal - Amici Ensemble
- Sehr Ruhig Und Zart - Ulster Orchestra