Smash Mouth & Joe York Lyrics Follow
"I'm a Believer" is a song composed by Neil Diamond and recorded by The Monkees in 1966 with the lead vocals by Micky Dolenz. The single, produced by Jeff Barry, hit the number one spot on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart for the week ending December 31, 1966 and remained there for seven weeks, becoming the last No. 1 hit of 1966 and the biggest-selling record for all of 1967. Billboard ranked the record as the No. 5 song for 1967. Because of 1,051,280 advance orders, it went gold within two days of release. It is one of the fewer than forty all-time singles to have sold more than 10 million physical copies worldwide. While originally published by Screen Gems-Columbia Music (BMI), it is now published by Stonebridge Music/EMI Foray Music (SESAC).
The song was No. 1 in the UK Singles Chart for four weeks in January and February 1967, as well as a Number 1 in numerous countries including Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and Ireland.
The song appears in four consecutive episodes of The Monkees' TV show throughout December 1966.
- The Jungle Book 2: The Bare Necessities
- He's a Lucky, Lucky Snake
- The Jungle Book 2: I Wan'na Be Like You - Smash Mouth
- The Jungle Book 2: W-I-L-D
- Never Smile At A Crocodile
- The Jungle Book 2: I've Got You Beat
- The Jungle Book: Colonel Hathi's March
- Queen Of The Jungle
- The Jungle Book 2: Jungle Rythm
- The Elephant's Face
- The Jungle Book 2: Right Where I Belong
- The Jungle Book 2: Braver