Great Hymns Across The Ages: Lead, Kindly Light lyrics
Lead Kindly Light Hymn
Lead, kindly Light, amid th’encircling gloom, lead Thou me on!
The night is dark, and I am far from home; lead Thou me on!
Keep Thou my feet; I do not ask to see
The distant scene; one step enough for me.
I was not ever thus, nor prayed that Thou shouldst lead me on;
I loved to choose and see my path; but now lead Thou me on!
I loved the garish day, and, spite of fears,
Pride ruled my will. Remember not past years!
So long Thy power hath blest me, sure it still will lead me on.
O’er moor and fen, o’er crag and torrent, till the night is gone,
And with the morn those angel faces smile, which I
Have loved long since, and lost awhile!
Meantime, along the narrow rugged path, Thyself hast trod,
Lead, Savior, lead me home in childlike faith, home to my God.
To rest forever after earthly strife
In the calm light of everlasting life.
Part of these releases
Popular William P. Rowlands Songs
- Great Hymns Across The Ages: In The Cross Of Christ I Glory
- Book Of Common Prayer: Psalm 121
- Te Lucis, Mode VIII: Before The Ending Of The Day
- Great Hymns Across The Ages: Low In The Grave He Lay
- Great Hymns Across The Ages: God, That Madest Earth And Heaven
- Great Hymns Across The Ages: When Morning Gilds The Skies
- Great Hymns Across The Ages: Jesu, The Very Thought Of Thee
- Geistliche Seelenfreud: My God, My Father, Make Me Strong
- Great Hymns Across The Ages: O Jesus, I Have Promised
- Great Hymns Across The Ages: Guide Me, O Thou Great Jehovah
- see all by William P. Rowlands
Great Hymns Across The Ages: Lead, Kindly Light Video
for submitting the lyrics.
Correct these lyrics
Comments on Great Hymns Across The Ages: Lead, Kindly Light
Submit your thoughts
These comments are owned by whoever posted them. This lyrics site is not responsible for them in any way.
© to the lyrics most likely owned by either the publisher () or
the artist(s) (William P. Rowlands) which produced the music or artwork. Details