Wood Pigeon Lyrics Follow
The common wood pigeon (Columba palumbus) is a large species in the dove and pigeon family. It belongs to the genus Columba and, like all pigeons and doves, belongs to the family Columbidae. It is locally known in southeast England as the "culver"; This name has given rise to several areas known for keeping pigeons to be named after it, such as Culver Down.
The genus name Columba is the Latin word meaning "pigeon, dove", whose older etymology comes from the Ancient Greek κόλυμβος (kolumbos), "a diver", from κολυμβάω (kolumbao), "dive, plunge headlong, swim". Aristophanes (Birds, 304) and others use the word κολυμβίς (kolumbis), "diver", for the name of the bird, because of its swimming motion in the air. The specific epithet palumbus is derived from the Latin palumbes, "wood pigeon".
- Sad Country Ballad for a Tired Superhero
- Alison Yip School for Girls
- Hymn for 2 Walks in Different Cities
- Slight Return Home
- Chorus of Wolves
- If Only I Were a Painter, I'd Paint for You the Moon
- Songbook/The Sound of Us Playing Together
- Death by Ninja
- Jonathan Ashworth Rollercoaster
- Take the Hint Kid
- Ms. Stacey Watson, Stepney Green
- That Was Good But You Can Do Better/Closing Credits
- Home as a Romanticized Concept Where Everyone Loves You Always and For