Yuri Sazonoff;Roberto Occhipinti Lyrics Follow
The Juno Awards of 2006 were held in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada on the weekend of 31 March to 2 April 2006. These ceremonies honour music industry achievements in Canada during the previous year.
The primary ceremonies were hosted by Pamela Anderson at the Halifax Metro Centre on 2 April and televised on CTV. Buck 65 was the ceremony's introduction and preview announcer. Music artists Bedouin Soundclash, Broken Social Scene, Divine Brown, Hedley, Massari and Nickelback performed songs at these ceremonies. Also performing were the co-winners for the 2006 International Album of the Year, The Black Eyed Peas and Coldplay.
Bryan Adams was the 2006 inductee into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame. Chris Martin of Coldplay introduced Adams at the primary ceremony.
Michael Bublé won four awards, more than any other individual that year. Besides winning Artist of the Year, his album It's Time won in both the Album of the Year and Pop Album of the Year categories. His song "Home" from that album was declared Single of the Year.
Awards for most categories were presented on 1 April in a non-televised ceremony at the Halifax World Trade and Convention Centre hosted by Jully Black, with performances by Kardinal Offishall, The Road Hammers and Martha Wainwright. This Saturday gala included the presentation of the Junos' first Humanitarian award to Bruce Cockburn. The Walt Grealis Special Achievement Award was given to True North Records founder Bernie Finkelstein.
- O Sole Mio - Di Capua
- Caruso - Dalla
- Vissi D'Arte from Tosca - Puccini
- La Donna E Mobile from Rigoletto - Verdi
- Un Bel Di Vedremo from Madama Butterfly - Puccini
- Con Te Partiro - Sartori
- Winter from The Four Seasons - Vivaldi
- Musetta's Waltz from La Boheme - Puccini
- Una Furtiva Lagrima from L'Elisir D'Amore - Donizetti
- Ebben? Ne Andro Lontana from La Wally - Catalani
- Nessun Dorma from Turandot - Puccini
- Va'Pensiero from Nabucco - Verdi
- Intermezzo from Cavalleria Rusticana - Mascagni
- O Mio Babbino from Gianni Schicchi - Puccini
- Vesti La Giubba from Pagliacci - Leoncavallo
- Intermezzo from La Traviata - Verdi