Chris Bleth & Robert J. Kral Lyrics Follow
The duduk (doo-dook) (Armenian: դուդուկ) is an ancient double reed woodwind instrument made of apricot wood. It is indigenous to Armenia. It is commonly played in pairs: while the first player plays the song, the second plays a steady drone called dum, and the sound of the two instruments together creates a richer, more haunting sound.
The unflattened reed and cylindrical body produce a sound closer to the English horn than to more commonly known double reeds. Unlike other double reed instruments like the oboe or shawm, the duduk has a very large reed proportional to its size.
UNESCO proclaimed the Armenian duduk and its music as a Masterpiece of the Intangible Heritage of Humanity in 2005 and inscribed it in 2008. Duduk music has been used in a number of films, most notably in The Russia House and Gladiator.
Variations of the duduk exist in Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Central Asia.
- I'm Game – by Christophe Beck
- A Place Called Home – performed by Kim Richey
- Untouched / Darla's Fire
- Massive Assault
- Dreaming of Darla
- The End Of The World
- It's Not Easy Being Green – performed by Andy Hallett,
- Angel Main Theme – “The Sanctuary Extended Remix” – performed by Darling Violetta
- Welcome To PYLEA
- Princess Cordelia
- Farewell Cordelia
- The Trials for Darla
- Judgment & Jousting
- Castle Attack
- Hero – featuring vocals by Elin Carlson
- Through The Looking Glass
- LA Song – performed by Christian Kane
- Cordy Meets Fred
- Start The Apocalypse
- Touched – performed by Vast
- Lady Marmalade – performed by Andy Hallett
- Darla's Sacrifice
- The Birth of Angelus – featuring vocals by Elin Carlson